Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the take on tongue-wagging NPCs?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Halbo NPC
Sir_Carnifex
I've been going through all the dialogue files in BG2 looking for opportune moments in which Halbo can interject. The list I've made is getting quite long, so I thought I'd ask these questions before I go ahead and code all his blabber.

Just how much should Halbo interject? Is more better? Or do people find constant interruptions more annoying than enjoyable? I know that I've encountered some mods that just seem to have TOO much to say (in my opinion) or they speak up in places in which they shouldn't be able to. I don't want Halbo to do that, but I do want to provide plenty of dialogue, too. Personally, I like a happy medium. Not too much, not too little... but that's me. What does everyone else think? Opinions are very welcome!

Sir-Kill
heh I may not be the best for talking about banters but if you can have them in taverns/inns or at the start of a dungeon ('ooh spooky' type) not in the middle of the dungeon tongue.gif
that would be great.
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Jul 25 2008, 09:58 PM) *
heh I may not be the best for talking about banters but if you can have them in taverns/inns or at the start of a dungeon ('ooh spooky' type) not in the middle of the dungeon tongue.gif
that would be great.

I might do that, but I was actually referring to his interjections into already-existing dialogues. But since I wasn't clear, what you said is fine here, too. Being the coward he [Halbo] is, it is quite likely he'll make negative comments about many of those big bad dungeons that are crawling with undead. I think I will have to find a better line than "Oh! Spooky!" though. smile.gif

Sir-Kill
oh sod! I just gone and wet meself!
Sir_Carnifex
Please, let's be SERIOUS!!!

glare.gif

mellow.gif

huh.gif

laugh.gif

Riviera
I'm actually a "the more the better" sort, myself. As long as he doesn't interrupt the NPC overmuch, and would have something in-character and valid to say.

Scenery dialogue (the comments at beginnings of dungeons or other areas) would be great too.
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Riviera @ Aug 14 2008, 04:22 PM) *
Scenery dialogue (the comments at beginnings of dungeons or other areas) would be great too.

Thanks for the reminder. I was thinking that I was done with interjections, but this just made me realize I had forgotten all about the area interjects that I had planned. I would have found out about it later, but it's nice to know before I start testing. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.