Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minotaur Character Animations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
pasco95
I read in a post somewhere that someone at DLTC created (or was in the process of creating) minotaur BAMs with weapons and armour that show in game the same as the other character races, i.e. if you're using a 2h sword or wearing armour it shows on the avatar. Does anyone know if this was finished and if so where I can get my hands on it as I think it would be pretty nifty to implement this in the game as I have always wanted to create a Minotaur NPC, anyone know any famous ones from Krynn?! newwink.gif , but it always sucked that you don't have a paperdoll and couldn't change the armour and weapons on the avatar.
Any info would be sweet.
Cheers
P.S.- Does anyone know what happened to the DLTC, i'm guessing it's dead but I played through the demo and it was very promising.
Sir-Kill
I still have the bmp's somewhere, I think. there were hunderds of them not in bam form. I was working my way through them and I think it was avenger said that the clown colors were off and it would not work.
you are however welcome to try to put it together and see if you can get it to work, if you are interested.
pasco95
That would be sweet, though I am a massive amatuer when it comes to anything like this so if avenger couldn't get it to work i'm sure i'll have no luck, do you need my email?
Sir-Kill
no I'll post it here when I find it.
Sir-Kill
no luck finding I must have deleted it before I got my newer comp to make room for more important stuff. I thought I had it on ftp but I cant find it.
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?PH...;topic=19816.25
this was the topic but it is not on jackels ftp anymore either

Baronius if you happen to read this is there a way to do a search on ftp?
HERD
Here is a minotaur animation, m.b. it is possible to convert it

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&...=a&start=75

scroll till picture:

[attachment=3118:Minotaur.png]
Sir-Kill
well the point was that it had clown colors for different armors and it had multiple weapon animations. so in theory you could play a pc/npc minotaur.
besides what file type is .wad?
HERD
Looks like it is for another game engine. I don't know. Just because of the background color it seamed to me usable for bams.
I thought this was a clown color blush.gif
Sir-Kill
if you look through bam files in dltcep you will come across some character animations which, have brightly colored parts of their body, these colors tell the engine that they are susceptible to Color Gradients. that is how you have 15+ types of gnolls using the same animation (slot) just change the colors of the armor, belts, ect.
HERD
Right after I hit "Add Reply" I remembered...
It was so impossible in my time to make an actual moving avatar, I dismissed it as an area not worth of exploring.
But I thought CBisson in Check the Bodies did it somehow. (wich only proved again that it was impossible to be done by mortals)
pasco95
Oh well, no worries then, I just thought that if someone had it lying around that I wouldn't mind using them. Thanks anyway guys, though if you do find something let us know.
Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.