Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Chatter Box
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Halbo NPC
Sir_Carnifex
Halbo, without a doubt, enjoys hearing himself talk (and I enjoy writing for him). But what he enjoys more is seeing others cringe while he talks. So, do you want to try starting a conversation with him?

Rules here:

1. If you want to talk to him, ask a question in the character of an NPC (can be a mod).

2. Halbo will only discuss BG politics -- not real life politics.

Follow those two rules and he'll answer you after he finishes smoking his pipe.
Moongaze
Lockheart: Hmm...now that I think of it, I do have a question. Where are you from, anyway?
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Moongaze @ Jul 1 2008, 03:24 AM) *
Lockheart: Hmm...now that I think of it, I do have a question. Where are you from, anyway?

Halbo: Me? I thought I already mentioned that, but since you ask, I'm originally from Gullykin. Really, it was a nice place. A nice wine cellar and... well, that alone was good enough reason to stay there. There were only a few things I hated about the place --such as the cliffs. Heights have always made me quite nervous and there was a sheer drop on one side of the village. Uh, I'm not exactly proud of this, but that's how I got my second name. They used to call me Half-height to make fun of my unusually large size, but after the cliff episode -- and other things -- they forever pinned Half-heart to my name. And speaking of, you've got a bit of an odd name yourself. Either you had some cruel parents or that's just an alias.
Moongaze
QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Jul 2 2008, 01:58 AM) *
Halbo: Me? I thought I already mentioned that, but since you ask, I'm originally from Gullykin. Really, it was a nice place. A nice wine cellar and... well, that alone was good enough reason to stay there. There were only a few things I hated about the place --such as the cliffs. Heights have always made me quite nervous and there was a sheer drop on one side of the village. Uh, I'm not exactly proud of this, but that's how I got my second name. They used to call me Half-height to make fun of my unusually large size, but after the cliff episode -- and other things -- they forever pinned Half-heart to my name. And speaking of, you've got a bit of an odd name yourself. Either you had some cruel parents or that's just an alias.

Lockheart: Actually, it's a given name that fit me at the time it was given. It's not that bad, really... I've gotten used to it. Besides, I have no idea what my real name is, if I even had one. I think I did... or I was simply "Hey you!". (giggle) So...got a fear of heights, hm? That must've been sucky in such a cliffy area... hey, what are you doing in Amn anyway? The City of Coin lured you, I bet. Couldn't have been the druid groves, right?
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Moongaze @ Jul 2 2008, 05:18 AM) *
Lockheart: Actually, it's a given name that fit me at the time it was given. It's not that bad, really... I've gotten used to it. Besides, I have no idea what my real name is, if I even had one. I think I did... or I was simply "Hey you!". (giggle) So...got a fear of heights, hm? That must've been sucky in such a cliffy area...

Jan: I once had a cousin who was afraid of heights. They called him Shaky because he was always so tense. Well, one day while traveling, he took a wrong turn and came upon a rope bridge over this huge chasm. He --

Halbo: Quiet, you! Go get your own forum!

Bad living atop a ridge? Not so much, really. It actually was quite handy at times. Some halflings were so oblivious to heights that they walked right along the edge. Accidents do happen, you know.

QUOTE(Moongaze @ Jul 2 2008, 05:18 AM) *
Lockheart:Hey, what are you doing in Amn anyway? The City of Coin lured you, I bet. Couldn't have been the druid groves, right?

Halbo: Oh yeah, I came for the druid groves alright! Those saps are everywhere sticking their noses into others' business. You try hunting for food to survive and they appear threatening your very life! "Don't kill the deer." "Put out that fire." "If you must eat, try these roots and berries."

But really, nothing lured me to Amn in that sense. Athkatla was just a name to me until recently. Any old city or town like can provide quite a profit to... eh... a resourceful person. My being around this area is the result of goblins, prejudice against halflings and some rather... unfortunate... incidents.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.