Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Adventures of Dihdegan
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Sir_Carnifex
I've taken up practicing drawing on the computer as well as by hand, so this is the product of my time. I still need lots of work on perspective, but I'm trying! Oh, and if anyone mentions that Imoen and Yoshimo shouldn't be in the party at the same time, I know all about that. I'm planning on dealing with that situation in a future comic.

Hopefully everyone enjoys these!

Here's page one. Apologies to those who like Aerie. wink.gif

flysoup
Bullseye! I like it! thumb.gif
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(flysoup @ Jul 1 2008, 05:57 AM) *
Bullseye! I like it! thumb.gif

Thanks. I'll post page two later.

Heh, I kept Aerie out of that page for as long as possible because she takes forever to draw. Minsc, however, only takes a few minutes. smile.gif
flysoup
I have never tried to illustrate Aeire yet, but the positive thing is that she lacks the wings wich would be a time consuming thing to draw. But again I have a problem with drawing pretty girly teen faces, I am more used to draw rough and monsterous barbarian faces full of scars wacko.gif

I look forward for page 2 smile.gif
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(flysoup @ Jul 1 2008, 05:49 PM) *
I have never tried to illustrate Aeire yet, but the positive thing is that she lacks the wings wich would be a time consuming thing to draw. But again I have a problem with drawing pretty girly teen faces, I am more used to draw rough and monsterous barbarian faces full of scars wacko.gif

I look forward for page 2 smile.gif

Well, getting any detail in a face is hard for me, scarred, masculine, girlish, young, old, etc. So far I just have to use hair and stuff like that to give the proper look to anyone. And yes, Aerie with wings would be an absolute nightmare for me.

And now, the next page. I just wanted to work with Minsc and Boo on this one. Page three is still in the works.

Moongaze
I like the way you drew Minsc. happy.gif
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Moongaze @ Jul 2 2008, 08:31 AM) *
I like the way you drew Minsc. happy.gif

Thanks! The main intent of the second page was so I could draw Minsc. I find him very easy to do. Perhaps it's because of the bald head? smile.gif

From now on updates will be slower since I no longer have pre-made pages. I do, however, have enough ideas to keep me busy for a long time.

And here's page three:

flysoup
The more I see of your comic the more I want, It is like candy for my Baldur's Gate addicted mind.
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(flysoup @ Jul 3 2008, 11:18 AM) *
The more I see of your comic the more I want, It is like candy for my Baldur's Gate addicted mind.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! But have some patience now as it'll be awhile before I get the next page up.
Sir_Carnifex
Well, I didn't expect to post anything new so soon, but this page was a quick draw. I call it a breather page. smile.gif

And yes, I admit to making use of the ol' copy/paste function. closedeyes.gif

Jarno Mikkola
rolleyes.gif thumb.gif Is there really anymore one needs to say.
flysoup
That Dragon must have his move silently ability maxed. Great work and copy/paste function is alright, everything is allowed in the way of creating artwork. It is the result that counts. thumb.gif
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(flysoup @ Jul 7 2008, 04:09 AM) *
That Dragon must have his move silently ability maxed. Great work and copy/paste function is alright, everything is allowed in the way of creating artwork. It is the result that counts. thumb.gif

Well, the dragon doesn't wear shoes. That makes sneaking around a bit easier. Plus, in the world of comics (especially mine) ANYTHING can happen. smile.gif

And Jarno, thanks for the compliments!
flysoup
QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex)
Well, the dragon doesn't wear shoes. That makes sneaking around a bit easier. Plus, in the world of comics (especially mine) ANYTHING can happen. smile.gif

That is truly the beauty with comics as you mentioned anything can happen. Keep up the good work!
Sir_Carnifex
I'm trying to get out the next page, but vacation may interfere with that. We'll see. I have so many outlandish balleye.gif ideas popping up that I can't keep up. I guess that's good.
Sir_Carnifex
I had this page sitting around for awhile in an almost-finished state, so I decided to spend a couple minutes finishing it.

Moongaze
Only one word...

Ouch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.