Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evil characters
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Halbo NPC
Sir_Carnifex
The thought just popped in my head the other day. Why are evil characters always mad (and leaving) when your reputation is really high and oh-so-happy when it is super low? Alright, maybe a psychopathic killer like Korgan likes being known to be evil, but others would work better if they are unknown. A cunning person would take advantage of being well-liked for his own personal gain.

It is for this reason that I am actually thinking of having Halbo get upset if the reputation drops too low. After all, his job only gets harder if people are aware of him, right? On the same note, he doesn't care if the reputation is high because it makes his targets that much more unsuspecting.

So this goes against the standard Bioware character construction, but I think it suits Halbo better. Perhaps if someone can give me other reasons not to change the status quo, I won't make these changes. Right now, though, I'm leaning heavily towards my idea.
Moongaze
It makes sense. Especially lawful evil characters benefit from keeping up appearances, I think. "Oh, I'm a model citizen..... happy.gif .....hehe...if you only knew... >= ) "

For thieves, I can see where you're coming from. No use being a thief if your face is on "wanted" posters everywhere, eh? I'd say go with the idea.
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Moongaze)
It makes sense. Especially lawful evil characters benefit from keeping up appearances, I think. "Oh, I'm a model citizen..... happy.gif .....hehe...if you only knew... >= ) "

Halbo is thinking about running for office after his days as an adventurer are over. laugh.gif
Riviera
Only reason I can think of is a meta-game one, since it might have been a simple, if very broad, way to determine how many not-nice deeds you've been doing lately. Since it is harder to determine the intent of the deed than it is to determine the general outcome, doing something that appears good for a reason that's not so charitable would be.. very hard to record.

This is probably all obvious, but I really can't think of a good, solid, RP reason that anyone other than a CE or possibly CN character would want a reputation so bad that they are hunted down for it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.