Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fear
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Sir_Carnifex
All of Flysoup's artwork has made me want to post my one and only BG fan art. I did it for an art challenge titled 'Fear' over at SHS, but I might as well post it here.

[attachment=3039:SketchColored3.jpg]
Baronius
thumb.gif

Expressive!
Sir-Kill
nice smile.gif
Sir_Carnifex
Thanks for the compliments! I don't think I'll ever do a series of cartoons, but I may add something now and again if I'm ambitious enough.
Baronius
Perhaps we could make a "contest", where a drawing with a BG scene or event is presented e.g. every week, and the first forum member who says what BG situation is in the drawing would be the winner of that week. At the end of the contest (after n weeks, we can specify details later), we could announce e.g. 3 winners (those who have won the most times, i.e. were winners of the week). The first prize could be a forum portrait, for example.

Any ideas, comments?
Sir_Carnifex
Contests are always fun, but I can't guarantee that I'd enter every one. But if others wanted to do it, I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Baronius
I meant that the same person would create the drawings each week, and the winner of the week would be the person who first finds out what the drawing shows. However, it's also not a bad idea to allow different people to present drawings each week -- I suppose this is what you mean, don't you?
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jun 19 2008, 11:34 PM) *
I meant that the same person would create the drawings each week, and the winner of the week would be the person who first finds out what the drawing shows. (Of course, the person who would create the drawings would also be rewarded at the end, as I said.) However, it's also not a bad idea to allow different people to present drawings each week -- I suppose this is what you mean, don't you?

Yes, I meant have different people do entries.

Were you suggesting that I be the one to do it? I know I probably wouldn't turn out something new every week (although I could try). That drawing was the first time I touched the pencils in years, literally. Now that I started, I do want to continue, but I'm not always so good at coming up with ideas (considering my wild imagination, it's strange, really), or correctly portraying them. I struggle with perspective and proportions, and that tends to slow me down. Still, practice is the only way to get better.

Either way you decide to do it, I certainly would be willing to add at least a few.

Baronius
Since it's all about fun, I think we could start it according to the original concept (i.e. you create the drawings each week -- or shall it be each two weeks?), and if there is an exception (e.g. you don't or can't draw for that period) or it doesn't work like that, we can change on it. For example, we can accept and use someone else's drawing, etc.

Were you suggesting that I be the one to do it? I know I probably wouldn't turn out something new every week (although I could try). That drawing was the first time I touched the pencils in years, literally. Now that I started, I do want to continue, but I'm not always so good at coming up with ideas (considering my wild imagination, it's strange, really), or correctly portraying them.

I think they should be characteristic, but not (always) obvious scenes from the game. What I really liked in your drawing is that it's very characteristic. As you've written it about comics, too many details are unnecessary, the focus should be on typical elements (such as the horns of Sarevok's helm).
Sir_Carnifex
I could try to get something in next week, but this weekend I want to focus on my mod. I had a couple of break-throughs last week and I want to keep the momentum going. biggrin.gif
Baronius
That's good news (both, i.e. that you might make something next week as well as the fact your modding is going well) smile.gif
flysoup
QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Jun 19 2008, 01:07 AM) *
All of Flysoup's artwork has made me want to post my one and only BG fan art. I did it for an art challenge titled 'Fear' over at SHS, but I might as well post it here.

[attachment=3039:SketchColored3.jpg]

Really expressive indeed, you really captured FEAR in that illustration thumb.gif
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(flysoup @ Jun 22 2008, 11:37 AM) *
Really expressive indeed, you really captured FEAR in that illustration thumb.gif
Thanks Flysoup! It means a lot coming from a real artist as yourself. smile.gif
Sir_Carnifex
I decided to use this as a thread for my random drawings. Here's another I entered in the fan art challenge over at SHS. This ones was on drunken NPCs.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.