Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideas about changing the Drizzt Saga
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Drizzt Saga
flysoup
Hi,

I have received messages from players with ideas of various changes for the Drizzt Saga, such as:

*Having Drizzt and his companions waiting at the location you leave them instead of leaving for good.
*Making the enemies less powerful
*Tune down the power of the items found in the mod
*Encounter Drizzt later on in the game
*Making the BGT verision storyline compatible with RoT

I am for the moment stucked with tons of comic projects but am willing
to give an OK for a modder group to take on changes based on players request.

Mayhaps a topic could be starting right here were modders can volunteer and form a
modding group coming up with ideas and after that start imlpementing the changes.
All this so that different modders around does not start to work on multiple verisions.

Share your thoughts and if you think such a task is necessary.

Best regards/
flysoup
Leomar
I like the idea for BGT players. If they want to take Drizzt, they can go with him through the whole BG World. That means BG1 with Drizzt Saga and BG2 with Region of Terror. In addition to look, that the storyline of both mods fits together, is a really nice idea, which I recommend.

Greetings Leomar
Hoppy
I am not sure how to get RoT changed or add things to as I don't see Gilgamesh around and I don't know if King Diamond is willing to change dialogs and such. There could even be a cross mod patch to add a couple bits to dialogs to make both big mods have some continuity as they are both great.

I have no troubles with the enemies' power. I am playing Improved Anvil 6 as well in a testing config so I don't know what will be hard anymore blink.gif

Also may I add that Drizzt Saga could have one compatibility bit added for BG1 NPC project and Dynaheir's journal quest. Right now I have to CLUA globals so Drizzt can see the party with Dynaheir and.......

Drizzt!

I love Drizzt Saga and RoT and just some small continuity ideas would make the two blend together nicely.

Thanks Fly Soup for an awesome mod!

EDIT: I can't see why enemies would be too hard as the Icewind Dale kids have super stats.
Chev
QUOTE(flysoup @ Jun 16 2008, 02:13 AM) *

I think you should still meet Drizzt (and get to know him) during the fight with the Gnolls, but he won't join your party (this would help with compatibility with BG1 NPC). He & Regis should be waiting at Ulgoth's Beard for you (maybe even a level check?) if you helped him fight the Gnolls. Since he now knows you and heard good(?) things about you he would be willing to ask you for help freeing his friends.

Also see here to see my other thoughts on "*Making the BGT verision storyline compatible with RoT".

QUOTE(Hoppy @ Jun 16 2008, 07:52 PM) *
I am not sure how to get RoT changed or add things to as I don't see Gilgamesh around and I don't know if King Diamond is willing to change dialogs and such. There could even be a cross mod patch to add a couple bits to dialogs to make both big mods have some continuity as they are both great.

From what I know of Gilgamesh he would not mind an update or patch to his mod to add support for Drizzt Saga and King Diamond, I would bet, would be fine with someone else updating RoT. So if someone with skill wishes to update the Drizzt Saga could also update RoT.
Tervadh
I'm not too familiar with either Drizzt Saga or RoT, but I suppose the NPCs should disappear at the end of BG1/beginning of BG2 so they can reappear properly later. How do the mods handle the existing NPCs? Can you run into the BG1 Drizzt with the Saga Drizzt, or the BG2 Drizzt party with the RoT characters (Wulfgar, etc.)?
erebusant
QUOTE(Chev @ Jun 19 2008, 05:34 PM) *
QUOTE(flysoup @ Jun 16 2008, 02:13 AM) *

I think you should still meet Drizzt (and get to know him) during the fight with the Gnolls, but he won't join your party (this would help with compatibility with BG1 NPC). He & Regis should be waiting at Ulgoth's Beard for you (maybe even a level check?) if you helped him fight the Gnolls. Since he now knows you and heard good(?) things about you he would be willing to ask you for help freeing his friends.

I already modified Drizzt Saga for my game so you help Drizzt with the gnolls, but he doesn't join you, merely departs with a rejoinder about perhaps meeting again in the future, then Regis is in Ulgoth's Beard waiting (you can talk to him and get his dialog about searching for the "dark ranger"), and then I have Drizzt spawn again upon completion of Durlags Tower when you exit it, where you dialog and agree to meet back at the inn in Ulgoth's Beard in 3 days time, so you have the opportunity to drop some of your current party 1st without losing them. Then you go to Hell, and then meet Elminster in Ulgoth's Beard to send you to Icewind Dale. It made it a lot more enjoyable, being somewhat higher level later in the game so you could actually participate in some of the battles without having to constantly reload. The final battle with the "Robed Figure" needs to be toned down a bit, however. Then afterwards, you can travel back to Ulgoth's Beard and continue on with yur other quests, and have your previous party members rejoin, or whatever you want to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.