Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Go for SoA Release or...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Halbo NPC
Sir_Carnifex
So, what do people think? Should I go for a SoA only release of this or complete all SoA/ToB content before releasing the mod? Obviously, getting ToB done will take some time whereas I'm fairly well into the SoA-only. The sooner I release a version, the sooner I can get a portrait for my avatar! smile.gif
Moongaze
Releasing a mod simply for a portrait seems a little silly, doesn't it? happy.gif
Still, I'd say it depends on what you want. Of course including a ToB portion is more work and takes longer to finish, but it grants the player a complete version of the NPC. New things can always be added later, as well. Yasraena, for example, was released with full SoA+ToB content.

Personally, I would wait with releasing any serious projects until the ToB portion is finished in addition to SoA. In my case, that would be Lockheart and Aerie Relationship. Any other NPC mod I toy with nowadays, if I ever manage to finish a SoA version, would probably be released as SoA first, and ToB later.

I wouldn't mind waiting for Halbo SoA+ToB. smile.gif
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Moongaze)
Releasing a mod simply for a portrait seems a little silly, doesn't it?

Sure is. That's why I said it in jest. wink.gif
The Bigg
QUOTE(Moongaze @ Jun 16 2008, 06:09 AM) *
Personally, I would wait with releasing any serious projects until the ToB portion is finished in addition to SoA.

+1. There's nothing worse than having your romantic interest become a mute once you hit ToB - it's easier to forget about vaporware mods (cynically speaking, any mod which is not available to download) than about half-done ones.
OTOH, most people get bored before finishing (or even beginning) ToB, meaning that they don't care about missing ToB content, and sometimes it's nice to have somebody leave a spot for recruiting Sarevok/Iylos/TLR Irenicus.

Bonus points: Solaufein uses the same pool of banters, love talks and (partially) quests in both SoA and ToB thanks to some ingenious scripting. If you want to replicate his idea, you can simply write more LTs and banters and just have to write a dozen interjections, a personal encounter and an epilogue for ToB wink.gif
Sir_Carnifex
Thanks for the input. Half of me says go with SoA and the other half says ToB.

If I release a SoA version first, no one will have to worry about a silent romantic interest in ToB. I'd seriously have to question the sanity of anyone who would even want to TRY to romance him. There probably will be a few "friendship" talks (if you can call them that).

If anyone has anything else to add to this topic, go ahead. I haven't made a decision quite yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.