Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Halbo Speaks
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Halbo NPC
Sir_Carnifex
Halbo now has over fifty banters and counting! Many of them are situational, so they won't depend on the main banter timer. I will post some samples here eventually.
Moongaze
You certainly have been busy, I see.
Does the collection include a selection for ToB, or are they all for SoA only?
Sir_Carnifex
All of them are for SoA. I want to get all of SoA working before moving on.
Sir_Carnifex
Dialogue sample of the little money-grubber:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Halbo: Nalia, I think it may be time to take a new approach to helping the poor. Money is not always the only solution.
Nalia: That's quite true. However, I always choose to show generosity when dealing with the destitute. If I am fortunate enough to have coin, why shouldn't I spare some?
Halbo: The whole problem here is that the coin you're sparing is not your coin, but <CHARNAME>'s. Maybe you should start a potato plantation for the sods instead. Or give them some land of their own to work. I dare say you have enough available.
Nalia: Many of these unfortunate people can't help themselves. They struggle with their situation because they don't have the good fortune that others have. Giving them land wouldn't help them in the least way because they would not know how to use it.
Halbo: So what you're saying is that the lower class are incapable of taking care of themselves.
Nalia: Of course not! All I'm saying is that they could use a little boost to help them along. I try to give it to them.
Halbo: And if you don't help them?
Nalia: Well, I'm not saying this is absolute, but without anyone to aid them, many of them resort to degrading methods to survive.
Halbo: Such as?
Nalia: They become robbers and bandits who plague the cities and roadways. And those who don't still stoop to petty thievery --
Halbo: Ah, so if you don't give them money, they turn into vagabonds like me. I can see that. I didn't have any naive nobles padding my palm when I was young.
Nalia: No, I didn't mean it that way... Oh, let's just forget it for now.
Halbo: Not a problem, Nalia. Any time you want to reform me, I'm willing to accept any assistance you can afford.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.