Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted Item Makers
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Chevar
This advertisement is in conjunction with one of the World Transition Project Exchange programs. We have a vast collection of item graphics which will need to be converted to BAMs and made into items.

Terms and conditions

1) The creater of the items will be given credit for their effort.

2) All items will be made at the discression of their creator.

3) Addition item categories should be included, information on these types will be provided to person(s) accepting the project.

4) All items created using the WTP cache will be provided to the WTP project.

5) After completion the item creator is encouraged to release these items as a standard BG2 item pack, but is requested to credit WTP by indicating that the pack was produced as part of the WTP exchange program.

The Goal of the World Transition project is to create a completely new world in which modmakers can work. In order to enrich the modding community, the WTP has several "Exchange" programs. In these programs varied required modding components are provided to modders for use in their projects under the condition that the results of this work is shared with the WTP.

Our current exchange programs are the Item Graphics Exchange Program, the map exchange program, and the spell and projectile graphics exchange program (Pending).
dragon_lord
To add to what Chevar has already said:

Basically what we want is for people to make items for the WTP, it doesn’t matter if you cant make bams but its preferred. You can make any item you like be it sword, bow, robe, armor or whatever. The only real condition is that it doesn’t refer to the Forgotten Realms as the World Transition Project is set in another world (Mytera). Your item will be used in this new world; it might be found in a chest, sold by a merchant, or found in the horde of a dragon.

If you’re interested in making items for the WTP or would love to have an item you have already made appear in this major mod then post right here. If you have any questions then just ask.
Sir-Kill
we could still use some item makers. there is no need for any bams, 500 new bams have been made and more to come.
Sikret
I am ready to exchange services with you.

I am making the new areas needed for my own project (Mansur NPC). Most of the areas are not difficult and I can make them. But two of them are too complicated for me to make.

Make those two areas for me and I will give you 40 excellent, already tested, well-designed, and shiny new items. Is it a deal?
Sir-Kill
The exchange program was dumped for the 'Community Assets', also it was never meant to say that we would make maps for you just that we would provide area graphics resources for you, which we have wink.gif
Sikret
Will it be in harmony with "Community assets" if I give you my itempack (saving tens of hours of your time making them) and then go and make my own areas for myself? laugh.gif

I don't see how exchanging things and services could be against community assets.

By the way, item making has also its own resources, tools and tutorials (though new ideas for new items cannot be found in those resources).

PS: And I didn't initiate to ask you to make maps for me. It was you who asked people to do things for you. I just made an offer in reply. You could simply decline my offer instead of trying to show that my offer was unfair, because it wasn't.
Sir-Kill
**I was not trying to sound hostle in the last post
I never said that your offer was not fair nor is it against community assets. community assets is just there to let people take as they wish and donate to them for the greater good and compleatly indepentant of any services.
since I can't edit the topic or content of chevars (over a year ago) post I thought I would bring people up to speed i.e. no need for bam makers and that there is no exchange program per se, tho exchanges can still be made.
I have mentioned before to you that I cant make areas for people at this time.
I never leally liked the idea of an exchange program. "well Ill do something for you but you have to do something for me". I would just prefer it to be "Ill do something for you, then maybe someday you can do something for me." naive I know.
if you pm me with what you are having troble with I might be able to help
Sikret
Thanks for the clarifications, Sir-Kill!

I agree that "Ill do something for you, then maybe someday you can do something for me" is better and I don't think that it is a naive approach.

However, exchange programs are also good specially if both sides need help or are in time-trouble (i.e. if I am supposed to prepare the itempack for your mod, I'll have to stop my current work on area making and I will expect some help in return, specially because I'm no expert in graphics and what I do in a week can be done in less than a day by you.)

Anyway, I take back my offer of exchange program and I hope that everything is normal again. smile.gif
Sikret
As for the two difficult areas, I even didn't need you to make the entire maps for me. What makes those maps a bit too difficult for me is that they require two new tiles. It would be enough if someone could make those two tiles for me. I could do the rest, but making new tiles are beyond my graphical skills.

At worst, I will modify the design of the areas so that they do not need those new tiles, but this will be my last solution to the problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.