Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stuck with drizzt weapons
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Drizzt Saga
dreamer2008
Hi again

I encountered a strange problem after I told Drizzt to leave from the party, more precisely his weapons appeared in my inventory, but without an icon, near infinity seeing them as f_empty.itm and also I can't remove them from the inventory, they are like Minsc's Boo, can't move or remove them. Any idea why this happened and what can I do to get them out of my inventory?
Sir-Kill
I do not know what or how that happened but you can use gatekeeper if using just bg1 or shadowkeeper if using bgt (I think there might be problems when trying to use SK with tutu but not sure) and just delete the inventory out of the those slots that the weapons are taking up.
http://www.mud-master.com/

you could maybe use near infinity to do the same.
not much help but some.
dreamer2008
Thank you for the help. With shadowkeeper I was able to easily remove them biggrin.gif With near infinity I would have been able only to edit them, there was no option for deleting something from the inventory.
Leomar
QUOTE(dreamer2008 @ Jun 5 2008, 04:13 PM) *
I encountered a strange problem after I told Drizzt to leave from the party, more precisely his weapons appeared in my inventory, but without an icon, near infinity seeing them as f_empty.itm and also I can't remove them from the inventory, they are like Minsc's Boo, can't move or remove them.

Have you a megamod installed or only Drizzt Saga? Have you BP-Balancer installed, too?

Greetings Leomar
dreamer2008
I made a install using The Big World Project instructions. This is my weidu log:
Leomar
QUOTE(dreamer2008 @ Jun 6 2008, 06:17 AM) *
I made a install using The Big World Project instructions. This is my weidu log:

Thanks. I've seen you have BP-Balancer installed. We have the same problem with this mod in combination of Drizzt Saga. The modauthor is working on a new version to fix this. At the moment don't play the Drizzt Saga, because there could happen more of these problems. Good is, that you want to play it late in the game, so we have a workaround until then.

Greetings Leomar
dreamer2008
The modauthor is working on a new version to fix this
Ok thank you for the good news smile.gif . I will wait for this new version,

Steve
Leomar
QUOTE(dreamer2008 @ Jun 7 2008, 05:03 PM) *
The modauthor is working on a new version to fix this
Ok thank you for the good news smile.gif . I will wait for this new version,
Steve

The new modversion of BP-Balancer is out, now. But we have find out, that BP-Balancer was not the mod which cause the problem. At the moment we try to find out, what's wrong in our megamod installation. It could be an incompatibility between a mod and Drizzt Saga.

If we know more, we let you know.

Greetings Leomar
Grimwald
I have the same problem. The mods that I have are Tutu, BG1 Project, Gavin. The Drizzt saga.
I don't remember if there are others, but don't think so. Hope that this will help you to find a fix. Cheers, Grimwald
Leomar
QUOTE(Grimwald @ Oct 10 2008, 09:49 AM) *
I have the same problem. The mods that I have are Tutu, BG1 Project, Gavin. The Drizzt saga.
I don't remember if there are others, but don't think so. Hope that this will help you to find a fix. Cheers, Grimwald

Thanks for your report.

We don't think that "BG1 NPC Project" and "Gavin" are cause the problem. We use "Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT)" and you use "Tutu", so on both platforms happens the bug. We haven't heard about the bug since then, but have not find out what causes this, too. We'll work on it.

Greetings Leomar
Hoppy
No it is in the Item file and you have to edit the left hand sword to be movable and uncheck it's quest item flag (I think). That may also make him keep it . FlySoup mentioned this before but I can't recall everything.

I do remember if he made it an actual sword instead of a shield, there would be worse problems with crashes because of Drizz'ts avatar or something to that effect. I just make those edits above and give it a sword BAM and haven't seen any CTD's...yet.
Leomar
Thanks Hoppy, for your additional information. We'll try this out. smile.gif

Greetings Leomar
LadyRoleplay
I don't think I am competent enough, or enough has been said so I understand how to fix this blush.gif

And I was long past the wilderness lake to try this fix, just any way to get these OUT of my inventory?
Leomar
Sorry, I'm not experienced enough with the tools the others mentioned to give you an advice. Perhaps someone else could help you.

Oh, I've seen you have made here a new topic for that.

Greetings Leomar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.