Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where did Rebecca appear: SoA or ToB?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Sir_Carnifex
I remember there's a hero-worshipping girl named Rebecca who wants to join your party but is forbidden by her mother. Can anyone remember if this is in SoA or ToB? I'm thinking ToB but I can't remember for sure.
Raven
Pretty sure she doesn't appear in the vanilla game. Is the encounter possibly added by UB or something like that?
The Bigg
According to `weidu --strfind rebecca', TLK references to her are at around #30000, so into SoA territory. Some NI hackery should tell more.
Raven
Btw I based my statement that she did not appear in the vanilla game on a post by CamDawg here (second one down).
The Bigg
QUOTE(Raven @ Jul 20 2008, 11:45 AM) *
Btw I based my statement that she did not appear in the vanilla game on a post by CamDawg here (second one down).

Possible, but he's talking about somebody named Becky and Diane there. Their strrefs are almost in the same section of the tlk, so they might be well related.

<...> Yes, it's related: Becky.cre has name Becky but calls herself Rebecca in her dialogue and wants to join you, whereas Diane.cre is the mother and doesn't want her to leave. The Mithrest waitress (wwench.cre) has name Rebecca but is unrelated. As Cam said, they aren't in the plain game.

Bonus points if you can name who Stivan the Hunter is and where is he found in the game smile.gif
Raven
QUOTE(The Bigg @ Jul 20 2008, 12:56 PM) *
Bonus points if you can name who Stivan the Hunter is and where is he found in the game smile.gif

Is he the halfling Seagull slayer? No idea where he appears though.
The Bigg
Bridge district (x4845, y2049) during the day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.