Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does TGC alter endbattle?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
DavidW
There's a persistent view that TGC makes alterations to the final battle against Sarevok in BG1. I looked through the code for this a while ago, because there was some suggestion it might be clashing with SCS, but I couldn't find anything. Could Baronius or someone else in-the-know let me know for sure?
Baronius
TGC1 doesn't touch the final battle at all. What was the source and basis of that "persistent view", by the way?
DavidW
QUOTE(Baronius @ May 28 2008, 07:37 PM) *
TGC1 doesn't touch the final battle at all. What was the source and basis of that "persistent view", by the way?

Most recently something at G3, but I've heard it from different sources at SHS. I don't think there's anything sinister here, just one of these random things that gets around. (Quite early in SCS's history, there was a weird bug with the end battle that I had a lot of trouble placing, but that only seemed to affect a small number of users. One of the theories that came up then was that it was a compatibility clash with TGC. It eventually turned out to be a clash with BG1NPC, but only if the player had killed Tazok in chapter 3. It wouldn't surprise me if the view goes back to then).

Anyway, thanks for your help.
Baronius
I don't think there's anything sinister here, just one of these random things that gets around.

I guessed so. smile.gif Just like the earlier rumours about TGC "overwriting" Friendly Arm Inn or something like that.

I'm glad to hear the problem has been sorted out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.