Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bam's that never were
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Sir-Kill
Here is some things that never got around to finding homes.
images lost due to the move
Sir-Kill
just something, posible spell bam
Sikret
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Apr 23 2005, 08:23 AM)
just something, posible spell bam

Nice bam, Sir-Kill!

Do you think that it can be suitable for the spell "Unleash Energy", one of the new spells I have made for the new druid kit? (See its description in Mansur NPC forum, if you have not read it yet, please.)

What I have currently done for its icon is to take the bam of the spell "Protection from Magic Energy" and to apply the following changes to it:

1- Flipping it
2- Changing its colour from blue to red

But I guess this new bam file is way better.

Let me know if it is possible.

Thanks!
Sikret
Perhaps the white part should be changed to red.
Baronius
Nice BAM, Sir-Kill.

By the way, just a remark about the "images lost due to the move" comment of SirKill's initial post: nothing was lost, the attachment file was only unavailable, but since you removed it as a post attachment before BWL was restored, it really became unaccessable for the forum. (It is a ghost file among the lots of files of the attachments folder of the forum.) smile.gif
Sir-Kill
heh I might have taken it back too, heh, maybe wink.gif

Sikret is that a formal request? or are you just musing, if it is could you be a bit more specific. as I understand it the one I did but red and blue? however it will not look like any of current spells. are you sure?
Sikret
Yes, Sir-Kill! It was a serious request.

Do the image's size and other technical attributes fit well for a spell's bam files? What did you mean by saying that it would not look like any of the current spells? The design is obviously different, but does the image have any technical or graphic difficulty?

The image seems to include two curves (or things like curves): A blue and a white one.

I suggested that the white curve is better to change to red.

Let me know if it is practical to make two bam files out of that image for a new spell.

Thanks in advance!
Sir-Kill
well here is a in game spell IPB Image
and the one above as you can see is much different.

now what I could do is keep the bg type colors and the shape of my image above. but then again bg spells have only one color at a time (r,b, or w) that way it could blend a bit better.

or I could just make something like that but in total bg style

BTW what animation are you going to use for the spell?
Sikret
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Dec 27 2005, 05:12 AM)

now what I could do is keep the bg type colors and the shape of my image above. but then again bg spells have only one color at a time (r,b, or w) that way it could blend a bit better.

I think that having a multi color spell icon is cool. But if you think that having one single color is technically inevitable or that having two colors will decrease the images quality, then make it all red.

or I could just make something like that but in total bg style

That will be great too. I leave the choice to you.

BTW what animation are you going to use for the spell?

Beholder ray.
Sir-Kill
eh just a thought see what ya think

EDIT added a second image
Sikret
You have always a new Ace in your sleeve to surprise me, Sir-Kill, don't you? smile.gif

Both are great! I wish you had made just one, because I am now undecided between two good choices. unsure.gif

What's your own opinion about each of them? Which one does fit better with the spell? Each of the two seems to have advantages to the other one in regard to unleashing energy, its description and its animation, eh?
Sikret
If you are also undecided, send me both! I will use one of them for "Unleash Energy" spell and will probably make a brand new spell for the other one. smile.gif
Sir-Kill
no I am not really looking forward to making bams just for the hell of it. dont get me wrong I don't mind helping you out. I just do not like making bg bams.

that is why WTP will have all new bams in 256 color, be larger and a solid black background for details that I cant get with the multi brown background of bg [/plug]

anyway the images are not bams just yet they are just edited images, so I might lean toward the one that looks like the animation.

this spell will be in scroll form, innate, and in the book right?
Sikret
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Dec 27 2005, 06:23 PM)
anyway the images are not bams just yet they are just edited images, so I might lean toward the one that looks like the animation.

Sorry, I thought you had already made the bam files. That's why I asked you to send both. I didn't mean to impose additional work on you. If they are not prepared yet, then make the one which has two curves (The initial one. The one you started this topic about).

this spell will be in scroll form, innate, and in the book right?

Yes, three files. Thank you!
Sir-Kill
sending you a pm
you will have to rename them and probably center them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.