Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name the NPC contest
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Sir_Carnifex
During a severe case of writer's block (for this mod: Halbo NPC), a new NPC idea hit me, so I began work on second NPC mod. When I'm on a dry spell for one, I work on the other. If I'm ambitious enough, I may even integrate both of them into a single package. But I'm getting off topic...

I hate naming characters. For some reason, it's hard for me to find a name that sounds decent and fits. Therefore, I'm dumping this responsibility on everyone else. I will give a little information about my NPC and everyone here will be welcome to put in ONLY TWO NAME SUGGESTIONS EACH. I will let this go on until I feel like ending it. Afterwards, I will select the five I like the most and run a poll to see which name gets selected. The person who made the name that gets chosen will be put into the readme credits. smile.gif

And so, without further delay, I present <NPC NAME>.

Class: Fighter
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Stats:
Strength 18/74 (I think)
Dexterity 17
Constitution 17
Intelligence 15
Wisdom 10
Charisma 11

Total: 88

Equipment: Custom

<NPC NAME> offers his services in return for pay. In the past he has worked to protect merchants along roads from Waterdeep to Athkatla. While not of good alignment, he is a very dependable person, always keeping his word when he gives it. He is generally good-natured around any party members with the exception of thieves, for whom he has little regard.

Given his stats and special equipment, he is a very powerful warrior initially (that's why you have to pay him!).

He has a special quest that will bring out an oddity of this otherwise normal person.

If someone wants more info, just ask and I *may* post it if it's not something that should be shrouded in secrecy. Note that I may slightly (key word being slightly) alter some things as none of them are set in concrete yet.

And, yes, I know...the portrait needs some work. happy.gif

I will add the names here as they are posted:

___NAME__________MEMBER WHO SUGGESTED IT___

Grauldin....................................Moongaze
Gerylke (Ge-ril-key)...................Moongaze
Viskel.......................................Sir-Kill
Talburt......................................Sir-Kill
Reyner......................................Bearwere
Aldan........................................Bearwere
Ibrahim.....................................Toxeus
Akhmed....................................Toxeus
Tomas......................................blackdevil0742
Richard (the lion-heart? smile.gif ).......blackdevil0742
Moongaze
Two names have hit me.
Grauldin or Gerylke (Ge-ril-key)
Sir_Carnifex
A flask of Tethyrian Brandy for Moongaze for being the first participant!

Since you gave two suggestions, I guess I'll up the limit per person to TWO names. wink.gif

Keep the suggestions coming!
Moongaze
QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Apr 28 2008, 08:19 AM) *
A flask of Tethyrian Brandy for Moongaze for being the first participant!

Since you gave two suggestions, I guess I'll up the limit per person to TWO names. wink.gif

Keep the suggestions coming!

Thanks. biggrin.gif *takes flask and tucks it away in inventory*
I didn't know how many names I was allowed to suggest, so I didn't post a whole list. happy.gif
If you ever need any help with anything, especially in the writing area, you know where to find me. Right here on BWL.
Sir_Carnifex
Hmm, everyone is just going to *give* first prize to Moongaze? Perhaps I should have offered cash prizes! smile.gif
Sir-Kill
my first would be Bill
but if you want something more complex

Malroy
Palston
Bilaavid
Eluric
Viskel
Talburt
Nelmis
I guess just pick 2
Bearwere
Reyner
Aldan
Toxeus
My turn:
Ibrahim
Akhmed
blackdevil0742
Tomas
Richard
Sir_Carnifex
my first would be Bill

That reminds me of Sam's pony in The Lord of the Rings. laugh.gif

I just updated the list.
Sir_Carnifex
Three days to go if anyone wants to jump in at the last minute...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.