Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shadows of amn
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
goldengirl
I hope it is ok for me to post,if not i am sorry
but i am having an issue with SOA
when i try to play it shuts down
i get no errors or anything
it gets to the point,where it is loading to start the game
then freezes and shuts down

playing on

windoes xp home edition
SP2

thanks in advance biggrin.gif
Jarno Mikkola
Here is a few questions:
What's the installation size? If you will mod tha game, you'll need to have the full installation the patch, and start the game and play without any of the mods until the bad guy leaves the screen and the game auto saves.
Have you played the game before without the crash? (if no, you might have a bad copy sad.gif )
Did you started the BGConfig(.exe), once you have installed? (as it might give you a screen or configuration problems, if you didn't)
What does it read in baldur.ini , under the [Alias] header? It needs to be something alike:
CODE
HD0:=C:\Program Files\Blackisle\BGII - SoA\                              (, or some such, the current game folder)
CD1:=C:\Program Files\Blackisle\BGII - SoA\CD1\
CD2:=...
Baronius
Some necessary resource might be missing or invalid if it crashes for you in that way. BG2 writes messages to baldur.err, if Debug Mode is enabled (or something like that, I can't check it at the moment, if someone knows it more precisely, please don't hesitate to write it down).
goldengirl
thank you both for replying:)

that is the strange thing, i did a full install and patch
but when i checked it was only 2.23mb in size
i got frustrated and deleted the game

and i love that game soo much
was looking forward to trying some other mods here:(

thanks again:)
Moongaze
Maybe try installing it anew? It might work this time around.
goldengirl
I did and it does
work now i mean

thanks moongaze and everyone:)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.