Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a modder to take over
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Azure NPC
balduran
Hello to everyone,

I have been away from the BG community for quite some time, and unfortunately this has had a devastating effect on the this mod. When I first started it, it was supposed to be finished withing a month. Then I had some megalomaniac ideas about new areas (which are actually ready), and it took more than a year to complete 85 % of the work. But time's passing by, and I am still to finish this mode, for which I apologize. Even more - I will be unable to complere it, due to a combination of software issues (Vista 64 on y new PC is giving me a headache when trying to run the game) and proffessional engagements (I am an aspiring newspaper editor - an occupation that really takes its toll on my spare time).
So I am asking all of you for help - Does anyone want to take this mod where it is and see to it that is gets finished once and for all? The mod is almost ready, and all that needs to be done is for a inn hosting an importan NPC to be fixed so that it doesn't crash the game, and some commoner dialoge options to be added for better RP.

I have developed a few new areas, new items and even some changes to the music scenery of BG, which are all backed up on a CD. If anyone feels qualified to complete Azure, please don't hasitate to send me a PM. Your fellow BG2 players will love you for it (me included biggrin.gif ).

Best regards to everyone at the Blackwyrmlair!
The Bigg
Experience dictates that NPC mods rarely if ever get taken over, since people interested in doing NPCs prefer to develop their own ideas, rather than somebody else's.

If it's content-complete and just need to be bug-fixed, you might have better luck by uploading the latest version of your work (and explicitly marking it as DEPRECATED in the tp2) - once it's ready to download, it's highly likely that somebody will download and fix it. Of course, doing so will flood your e-mail inbox with subliterate primates re-reporting that it doesn't install, over and over.
Moongaze
And again the dreaded "real life" takes someone away from the net, leaving behind all they have created, whether they be projects or personal bonds. *le sigh* As understandable as it is, I'm getting tired of reading such things.... 'tis saddening that everyone disappears, never to be seen again. Still, good luck with your new life. Hope it makes you extremely happy... happy.gif
Creepin
Any chance you're willing to release what was already done, hovewer untested it might be? Your changes from v.3b to v.8b looks highly intriguing and it would be a shame to lost 'em for good.
balduran
Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that someone has taken over this mod and someday in the future it will go public. laugh.gif Names will not be mentioned in order not to put pressure on that person and allow them to work freely and without time constraints, but I can assure you Azure is in the hands of a very capable BWL modder.
Sir_Carnifex
but I can assure you Azure is in the hands of a very capable BWL modder.

Well, that certainly says that I'm not the one who took it over! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.