Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IWD NPC: a call for playtesters
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
kulyok
The Icewind Dale NPCs mod introduces a cast of five new characters to the great frozen wastes of the Forgotten Realms, with all the depth you would expect from PPG companions. The mod will transform the Icewind Dale experience into the story of a single, player-defined protagonist, and his or her fully-interactive allies(alternate classes are available).

Each character comes with a new, original portrait, interactions with the PC and each other, and quest commentary and interjections. Romance is also in the bitterly cold air...

The mod is fully ready, and has been tested by two people already. The only missing element is voicework.

If you'd like to play IWD NPC, you can do it right now!

What's the catch?

You have to register at Pocket Plane forums, if you haven't already, and post in this topic:

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,25170

This willl give you access to the playtesting room - and to the download link! Play to your heart's content, and after you're done, just post in the playtesting room with your impressions.

More about the mod:

Forum: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?board=89.0
Vlad
We have NeJ2 here. smile.gif
kulyok
The problem with NEJ2 is that it uses too much of IWD content and graphics, practically providing a partial IWD download. It's fortunate that NEJ2 hasn't received a cease-and-desist letter yet. Barring that, I would still recommend you a good thorough proofreading for NEJ2 dialogues at the very least.

An IWD->BG2 transition, much like the one Tutu does, has been in the works for some time; perhaps it will come to fruition, perhaps not. I definitely agree that playing IWD in BG2 engine is a good thing.
Vlad
The problem with NEJ2 is that it uses too much of IWD content and graphics...

It's funny. laugh.gif Is there any limit for an amount of the original content used in mods?

It's fortunate that NEJ2 hasn't received a cease-and-desist letter yet.
It's more funny... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Barring that, I would still recommend you a good thorough proofreading for NEJ2 dialogues at the very least.

Well, let me note that the writer and my co-author of the NeJ2 content is a professional British novelist. Moreover, the proof-reading was undertaken by professionals. The fact that you don't understand the classic literature English doesn't mean that other people don't. It means that your own English is lacking.

Eventually, let me note that NeJ2 is not a plain IWD --> BG2 transition but a partial conversion with its own plot, different from IWD. Yet further, it's a same dispute what's better BGT or TuTu, so I won't reiterate here. NeJ2 has about double a content of the original IWD, so such debates are not relevant in this case.
Moongaze
QUOTE(kulyok @ Mar 19 2008, 08:52 AM) *
The problem with NEJ2 is that it uses too much of IWD content and graphics, practically providing a partial IWD download. It's fortunate that NEJ2 hasn't received a cease-and-desist letter yet.

Mmhmm.
Who are you to decide that NeJ is using too much IWD material? Nothing against you personally, kulyok, but that's quite an arrogant statement to make.

Barring that, I would still recommend you a good thorough proofreading for NEJ2 dialogues at the very least.

Again, quite arrogant to be coming from a Russian, that...
Your English is good, but 'tis not your native language, I'll bet.
Baronius
We have NeJ2 here. smile.gif
To each his own. Many players prefer NEJ, others (will) prefer IWD NPC, it's a matter of taste.

Vlad's initial comment can be interpreted in various ways, though I believe it expresses nothing else than "I will still prefer my NEJ, whatever happens" -- so not necessarily a negative comment on IWD NPC. On the other hand, kulyok's reaction was a bit interesting to me. "Too much IWD content" can be a personal opinion, expressing that IWD NPC can be an alternative for those who want IWD atmosphere in a smaller mod, but the following statement sounds strange to me anyway:

It's fortunate that NEJ2 hasn't received a cease-and-desist letter yet.

Could you go into more details about what you meant by this particular statement, kulyok?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.