Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Grey Clan Episode
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Hoppy
After playing The Grey Clan Episode 1: In Candlelight, for the first time, I wanted to thank Baronius and his team for creating such a spectacular mod for BG1 (or BGT). I installed it with many other mods, but the direction of the mod was very precise as far as what to do and where to go, so it didn't get confusing with other mods. I did not use the walkthrough by choice just to experience it as I would when I played BG1 or BG2 in the early days. thumb.gif

There was no problem in following the story line and I like the great "cliffhanger" ending after the final battle(Beregost) to set up for future episodes. By far, one of the best battle intense mods in my opinion. Great enemies, too! (Tattooed man and the other whose name I forgot). That was some serious Shadows of Amn and ToB tactics in those fights. This will definitely get installed every time!

Thanks Baronius! smile.gif

It seems like this mod installs nicely even during a game. Will future episodes be as installation friendly unsure.gif ?

Thanks again!

Baronius
Thanks for the kind words, Hoppy! I'm glad that the mod has met your expectations. smile.gif

I suppose that the second episode will also have similar advantageous features regarding its installation (I can't say anything about Ep3 yet).

Unfortunately, the development of GCE2 is paused for undetermined time, but I WANT to release it some day. It may be years, but I didn't give it up at all, it hasn't been discontinued! The ideas I've collected are available (though some important notes were lost), so I'll do my best to get back to GCE2 mod as soon as possible.
Hoppy
QUOTE(Baronius @ Feb 12 2008, 05:28 PM) *
Unfortunately, the development of GCE2 is paused for undetermined time, but I WANT to release it some day. It may be years, but I didn't give it up at all, it hasn't been discontinued! The ideas I've collected are available (though some important notes were lost), so I'll do my best to get back to GCE2 mod as soon as possible.

It WILL happen!!! Take your time...TGC fans will wait. Time and real life are not on our side some times, and that is human. If you want help with future episodes I would be more than happy to offer my meager modding skills.

beer.gif
bladeofBG
This was one really good mod! I just finished it some time ago!!
Baronius
Glad to hear you liked it! smile.gif
vice
I just finished it and must say yet again great job! The new items in it were cool and fights gave awesome exp and were quite tough! I eagerly await the second chapter of it smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif
Baronius
Thank you very much for the kind words! Which item was your favourite? What was the toughest fight? In fact, I've realized there should a different topic for this, to make the GCE1 forum a bit more active (if players also like this idea). So, if you find it a good idea, feel free to post about it here.
bladeofBG
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 7 2008, 11:31 AM) *
Thank you very much for the kind words! Which item was your favourite? What was the toughest fight? In fact, I've realized there should a different topic for this, to make the GCE1 forum a bit more active (if players also like this idea). So, if you find it a good idea, feel free to post about it here.

-Well, that sword is pretty killer! Ha!

-The toughest fight by far and away was the wind horrors! I had to lure all the wind horrors (using speed boots!) to the mage that is west of the FAI!!!!

I finished BG1 + Werewolf Island + CGE1 and am now in BG2 + various mods (first time playing it in 2yrs....my favourite game!), and the tactics you need in all the fights in CGE1 will undoubtedly help!

I would've posted this in the link you gave, but it wasn't working Baronius!
Baronius
Sorry, I accidently added two http:// prefixes into that link. It was supposed to link to the topic "Favourite item, toughest battle", by the way.

Glad to hear you feel it helped you to improve tactic-wise. smile.gif I didn't really focus on AI in GCE1, but it allows various solutions (such as the one you also used: allies), so I think it's doable after the player gets used to it.
konva
Hi thx for this good mod. I have one question: How long we will be waiting for epizode 2??

Sorry for my bad english Im from czech
Baronius
There is something which prevents me from mod development in the present. When it's solved, I will return to mod development. Which means at least the following things:
- Grey Clan Episode Two (this has the highest priority, I want to release it anyway)
- Revising for my Herbs and Potions mod
- Reviving BG1 Quest Pack
- Starting to work on a mod which be bigger than most mods
- Other miscellaneous things

Even if the other plans won't be possible, I still want to finish GCE2.

I really can't predict anything. Perhaps 2010. The problem will be solved eventually, so the chance GCE2 will be released is very high.
konva
Ok thanks and what about BG1 Quest Pack?? Will be this mod compatible with DSoSC and Grey clan mods??
Baronius
Grey Clan mods have big cohesion and low (or medium) coupling with the original game, so they should be compatible with BG1QP. In a simplified form, this means that they (at least Episode One and Episode Two) modify few original game elements only, so the probability of incompatibilities is low, and problems can probably be sorted out easily.

I don't know anything about DSotSC (in technical respect), but if BG1 Quest Pack gets released, it will probably offer enough content alone to give satisfying experience to interested players.
konva
Ok ill be waiting for new mods smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.