Hi everybody. I've decided to give another go at IWD1, HoW, TotLM after a few years away from it. I've discovered that I really enjoy 4 person parties the best, as they level up a bit faster than full ones while not taking away from the challenge of the game, but most importantly, it's just easier for me to keep track of these guys!

Character 1: CG Gnome Fighter/Thief
He'll be wearing heavy armor most of the time (and will remove it to disarm traps). I'm using this guy as a tank.

Character 2: LN Half-Elf Fighter/Mage/Cleric
He'll be wearing heavy armor for the early stages of the game, at least until I feel like he has some good arcane spells to contribute to the party. After that, I'm hoping for some Elven Chain so that he'll still be decent as a tank.

Character 3: NE Half-Elf Bard
I am in love with their songs! He will act as an archer before level 11, and also as my mage for the early stages of the game. I'm hoping for another suit of Elven Chain for this guy, so I know I'm kinda pushing my luck there (I don't like reloading random treasures).

Character 4: N Fighter/Druid type. I'm not sure if I should multiclass or dualclass this one. I can see advantages to both:

F/D multiclass:

All abilities the whole game
30/30 maximum level
Better THAC0
No "weak" period of development

F9>D dualclass

***** in Scimitar
More HP
***** in Scimitar

Seriously though, which is a better character? Please keep in mind that I'll be playing with a 4 character party, so my levels will jump up a bit faster than a 6 man party.

Any suggestions on weapon proficiencies is greatly appreciated, as are comments about the party.

TIA!