Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions and answers
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Ryel ril Ers
I see there are lots of topics in the forum!!!

Please, everyone if you have one don't open a new topics instead write it here.
Ryel ril Ers
QUOTE(Klorox @ Dec 26 2007, 06:10 AM) *
I know in BGI weapon proficiencies were a certain way, the same way they're implemented in IWD1. In BGII, these proficiencies were "nerfed".

I also know there are a lot of tweaks or mods that will "unnerf" weapon proficiencies. But I am having trouble locating a chart showing what each proficiency actually does in each style.

If possible, I'd love to see a comparison.

TIA

Prof | Attack | Damage | Attack | Speed
Proficient +0 +0 +0 -0
Specialized +1 +2 +1/2* -0
Master +2 +2 +1/2 -0
High master +2 +2 +1/2 -1
Grandmaster +2 +3 +1/2 -1
True GM +3 +3 +1 -1

The bonuses are absolute so no cumulative. The Grandmaster is the bonus in the BG2 grand master profiency level, the True GM is the BG1 grandmastery what is in the ease-of-use-mod.

*The characters without fighter class don't get the bonusz half attack! Haer'Dalis have 2 star in short sword but he dont get it and the swashbuckers too. The extra attack only works in the main hand not in the shield slot!

I think the GM without the True Grandmastery is crap because the difference between the Specialized and the GM is only +2 thac0 and +1 damage, i put the points instead other weapons for the flexibility.
Ryel ril Ers
QUOTE(Klorox @ Jan 2 2008, 03:20 PM) *
I'm playing a great small party right now, and want to add Imoen to my group. Ideally, I'd like to add the level 13 version of Imoen in Spellhold, but I don't know what to do to get her like that. Does my XP matter, or is my level? Is it a party average, or just the protagonists stats that matter?

I am playing a Berserker 9 > Mage (currently level 11), and have Anomen (Fighter 7/Cleric 12) with me, as well as Yoshimo (Bounty Hunter 12). I know it's silly, but my goal would be to get Imoen as a higher level mage than my protagonist, if at all possible. I'm trying to decide if I should do another quest or two before leaving for Spellhold (I'm in Chapter 3 and have completed Aran Linvail's quests).

TIA

I think Imoen's level depend on your characters XP. When <CHARNAME>'s XP reach the limit of the level 13 mage's xp + 65k (i think the level 7 thief need this amount) then the level 13 Imoen will spawn.
Ryel ril Ers
How do you do use your clerics in the battle if he didn't have fightes class too?
What divine spells are good in the battle?

My thief/cleric is a good character but in the battle he don't have lot work, and his killing% is only 0%, he only slay 7 enemy while my fighters 150+.
trufa
As I wrought in other forums. The thief Cleric must det. illusions a lot, and than cures, and attacking priest spells (Holy Smite, Poison, Flame Strike, Greater Command)
Ryel ril Ers
In IA the poison and the flamestrike really crap spells sad.gif
But you say the keyword: Greater Command. Thanks.
trufa
You are welcome. So Heals, and Holy smites, Greater commands, and Bolt of Glorys (????). Against undeads False Dawn, and Sunray
Shadan
Ryel, I found this in one of the BG2 walkthrough:

Here is the old proficiency chart from BG:

points spent to hit bonus damage bonus attacks
1 (Proficient) 0 0 1
2 (Specialized) +1 +2 3/2
3 (Master) +3 +3 3/2
4 (High Master) +3 +4 3/2
5 (Grand Master) +3 +5 2

Here is how things were changed in BG2:

points spent to hit bonus damage bonus attacks
1 (Proficient) 0 0 1
2 (Specialized) +1 +2 3/2
3 (Master) +2 +2 3/2
4 (High Master)* +2 +3 3/2
5 (Grand Master) +2 +4 3/2

* Improves Speed of weapon by 1, Grand Master by 3

I don't know your table is right or this, but with this table, there are more differences between specialized and GM, and between unnerfed GM and nerfed GM.
Klorox
All hail the new administrator!
Ryel ril Ers
@shadan
I get my stats from the game description and the True Grandmastery mod's readme, but always possible that the game description is wrong.

@Klorox
If you though to me, then i thank you very much, but i am not administrator, i only explored this topics and i wanted to do something to make it a good topics. I explore this topics because my IA topics was moved here. This topics is really hidden. smile.gif
Klorox
Sarcasm is new to you, isn't it?

If you want to answer posts, do it in the threads that pose the questions. I think it's rather arrogant and silly as well to start a new thread to answer others, while playing it under the guise of "cleaning up" the forum. rolleyes.gif
Ryel ril Ers
@Klorox

Yes, i know what is sarcasm, i was naive and i think the best. Sorry if i hurted your feelings, i am not native english so i cannot know what you think without smileys. angry.gif

I didn't open this topic because i am the new christ and i make my personal helpdesk, where i solve everybody's problem. I only want a topic where the people write their minor questions and others can answer to it.

Several topics has similar topics and that are one of the best visited. I think open millions of very specific topics what are in the best case generate 1-2 post is silly.

If you think i am arrogant send a pm to Sikret, Raven or Baronius to i am a bad guy who quote you in a new topics and i flood lot.

Is a problem that somebody want to do something for this boring space? smile.gif

Once more, sorry if i hurt your feelings. wink.gif
Sir-Kill
Either way I do not think it is a problem. sure if it is a small problem here is a good place to post it, however it might get a smaller response.
Raven
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Jan 18 2008, 05:41 PM) *
If you think i am arrogant send a pm to Sikret, Raven or Baronius to i am a bad guy who quote you in a new topics and i flood lot.

What are you saying here? I can't make any sense of this sentence.
Baronius
Ryel thought it's better to collect the questions & answers in one topic. As SirKill has said, this may be advantageous for minor questions, but different matters should be discussed in different topics. Furthermore, if a question is already posted in a thread, it's best to send the answer there.
trufa
a.:Where is the Gauntlets of Crushing? The Item's Mart said, that it is on the Shark King, but I never found on it. With/wothout mods

b.:How can I upgrade the Silver Horn in to Bronze Horn? Because someone said, that Maheer will upgrade the Bronze into Iron, but I found the Silver one

Sikret
QUOTE(trufa @ Jan 21 2008, 06:58 PM) *
How can I upgrade the Silver Horn in to Bronze Horn? Because someone said, that Maheer will upgrade the Bronze into Iron, but I found the Silver one

Maheer can upgrade the Silver Horn to Bronze and then the Bronze one to Iron.

The Iron Horn can be upgraded to the Adamantite Horn by Cromwell (if you have IA installed).
trufa
Maheer can upgrade the Silver Horn to Bronze and then the Bronze one to Iron.

The Iron Horn can be upgraded to the Adamantite Horn by Cromwell (if you have IA installed).

Tried to talk with him, but there wasn't any new dialog options. with/without mod, with 26498
Daulmakan
QUOTE(trufa @ Jan 21 2008, 02:28 PM) *
a.:Where is the Gauntlets of Crushing? The Item's Mart said, that it is on the Shark King, but I never found on it. With/wothout mods

In the vanilla game, King Ixilthetocal rewards you with them if you side with him against the rebel prince. You can't get them by killing the king, they won't show up in his corpse.
trufa
Where can I found complete germanization to BGI&II

Because my german is fading, and I will refresh it.
Baronius
You would have to buy the German version of the games.

I've sent you a PM about a possible (and legal) alternative solution.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.