Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Chronicles of Severian
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Ripper
Hello

I hope it is the place for this topic...

After discussing with Baronius by MP, I'm there to introduce my NPC mod.
Well, coming from the Copper Coronet, the biggest french community around Baldur's Gate, I'm actually working hard with a good progress (and a very fast progress, a first bêta version at February, 11!). So I have translated the main topic of Sheratan Mod for you. I will translate some others about the mod if the topic on the Copper Coronet is a success. Here is the link:

http://www.baldursgateworld.com/lacouronne...sh-version.html

Of course, you can post, it's even very appreciated and you don't even have to register for posting.

The mod will be translated in english by myself. So I'm looking for some native english speakers for checking my work. If interested, read the topic on the Copper Coronet.

Thanks for your attention and have a nice day. laugh.gif

- Ripper from the Copper Coronet -
Ripper
Hello

Back after a long time, I have the pleasure to announce the opening of the official website of the Sheratan mod here:

http://sheratanmod.baldursgateworld.com/

Actually the site is only in french but you can see Sheratan's portrait and Blaidd's portrait (familiar, wolf), and the names of the Staff members. If you have questions about the mod, I will answer too, no problem.

I need somebody to check my translation for this site: it's not easy, it would be nice.

If interested please send me a PM.

Best regards
Ripper
Well, it's time to show my results after six months of hard work, even if noone here cares about this mod. laugh.gif

First, I introduce myself : My name is Stéphanie, I'm a girl, I'm 23 years old and I'm a modder from the most important french community about Baldur's Gate 2, "La Couronne de Cuivre" (you can translate : "The Copper Coronet").

And today, after six months of hard work, I would like to present you the results around "The Chronicles of Severian", a new Stalker for Baldur's Gate 2 (SoA + ToB). But first, let's tell more about the Character:

Name : Stark
Surname : Severian
Alignment : Chaotic neutral
Class : Hunter (a new kit of Ranger, "Hunter" is the most approaching translation but not exact)
Race : Half-Shadow (he is a Planar, no relation with Faerun)

A new kit of class, a new race, new items, a romance (only for women elf, half-elf and human), a friendship (for women and men), a familiar, an epic story in four chapters (SoA + ToB), a big soundtrack (more than 15 titles), a lot of banters and interjects...

And now, I invite you in discovering the trailer of The Chronicles of Severian on Youtube, and after that, three screens. About the soundtrack, you can heard some extracts watching the trailer.

And actually, what is the progress of the mod? The Chronicles are actually in beta-version 2.5, around 50% of the mod is done. There is again a lot of work, but the mod should be available beginning 2009. Be careful : the mod is actually not translated in english because of a lot of work. On this subject, I'm looking for some nice native english speakers for checking my translations from french to english...Just contact me here. It would be very, very nice.

I hope you will appreciate my work. Any questions or comments are welcome, I will stay around here if you need some precisions. laugh.gif

P.S : if there is any mistake of translation in my trailer, please tell me.

THE TRAILER

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=GNcoCxdbfRI

SOME SCREENS

Tame Blaidd, the Shadow Wolf

Live the passion in the arms of Severian

Defend your life in epics confrontations
Toxeus
Hi Stéphanie smile.gif
Nice trailer! Hope you will find some help with proofreading (my english is terrible, sorry)

even if noone here cares about this mod.
It's not true, interesting new mods are always welcome. I'm looking forward to this one smoke3.gif
Valiant
Yes, he´s right, we are always looking forward to any brand new mod. Just continue in good work.
Moongaze
Looks good, Steph.
I'd love to play it once it's done.
Neferit
Shalom, Steph happy.gif

Looking forward to this. As I wrote in one of the Moongaze's projects forum - maybe I'm not writing but I'm definitely following the progress thumb.gif I'm especially looking forward to romance... eh, I always said that I'm such romance mod freak wub.gif So loved wihe trailer - the music is really atmospheric.

And btw, isn't plural or word enemy "enemies"? (in trailer, 1:27 - some arch enemys). I would like to lend you a hand with proofreading - but my main problem is that I use Czenglish (read "English with Czech sentence composition") too much, so I doubt I would be able to discover half of the possible grammar errors glare.gif
Moongaze
That's fine. I've met plenty of native English speakers who completely rape their own language. happy.gif
I would offer, though I fear I do not meet the requirements. Good luck, though!
Ripper
Hello everybody,

Thanks for your support, I'm surprised enough when I think how I have been considered on Pocket Plane Group (as a 'noob'), then it is reassuring.
Concerning the romance, Neferit, you will have something like 15 long dialogs of romance with Severian, with cutscenes, item and some other nice things. Thanks for having indicated the mistake, I will correct when possible. wink.gif

Concerning the translation from french to english, finally I found a native english speaker and at the moment, with a team of three people (Red Knight and Bloody Mary as french, and Melora from PPG), the translation has just begun.
Then you can expect the mod for SoA for the end of 2008 (for Christmas? biggrin.gif ) but I'm not sure about it, it's only a prognostic.
Moongaze
Sounds good. Looking forward to it. happy.gif
Oh, is there a reason for "only" 15 talks in SoA?
If you look at the Bioware romances, they are about 40-50 talks per default, however most of which are short. So if Severian's dialogues are indeed long, it could be worth 5 or more Bioware talks, in which case 15 talks is perfect. happy.gif
Ripper
I only think that the player could be bored with too many love talks...Of course, I'd like write more and more...At least, the dialogs are really long with a lot of stage settings (surprise, I won't tell more about it smile.gif )
Finally, maybe I'll write 20 dialogs for the romance, I do not still know. wink.gif
Moongaze
The interesting factor depends on what kind of talks they are, and the player reading them.
For instance, I found Viconia's romance having too many short talks with little content.

Viconia: Leave me be, surface male.
<CHARNAME>: But-
Viconia: Silence!
END

Things of that variety. One had to wait 45 minutes real-life time for that, multiple times. closedeyes.gif
15-20 long talks sounds good to me. happy.gif
Ripper
Yes, I totally agree with you : I have always been deprived by this romance (and the others). In the case of Severian, you must wait for 45 min real-life time (I took the timer of Viconia) but certainly I will reduce this timer to 30, for example, don't still know. But be sure that the dialogs will be long with a nice soundtrack. It's the work I prefere, write a romance, thus I'll do my best.
Sir_Carnifex
Viconia: Leave me be, surface male.

Surface male... is that the slow version of "Air Male"?

Sorry, bad pun. I just had to say that... laugh.gif

To be on topic...

Ripper, the standard 45-minute timer would be good enough, I think, considering the low number of talks. I know I never blow through my games super fast, especially not with the extras that are available now.
Ripper
At the moment, my bêta-team is testing the timer of romance and will give me a report about it. But if I write something like 20 lovetalks, I think I will reduce the timer.
Ripper
Hi friends,

I bring some news of the mod, for people interested :

At the moment, the mod is still in creation but I progress fast and I have some new screens for you, here :

http://weiducommando.forumsactifs.com/les-...preview-t38.htm

The mod is no more developped on 'La Couronne de Cuivre" but on "Légendes", my own community.
The translation continues with Red Knight : we progress fast, Red Knight is an excellent translator.
There will be more than 100 banters with all the original PNJ from the game (and you can expect some crossovers with the others mods of Légendes) : at the moment, I wrote and codded about 50 banters.
Concerning the interjections, about 50% are done.
Concerning the name of the kit, it is called now : "Outlaw."
The mod will be available for Christmas 2008 in french version and in 2009 for the english version (but I expect, earlier :s)
You can register on Légendes and ask your questions in the forum of the mod, I can speak english and I will make of Légendes a bilingual community, when The Chronicles of Severian will be online.

Friendly smile.gif

Moongaze
Sounds good.
Glad to hear some progress updates from the French side of modding. happy.gif
Red Shadow
looking forward to seeing a beta in english
Ripper
At the moment, impossible giving a bêta, because the first texts are not translated in english (I must rewrite them in french first, because I'm not exactly satisfied).
Now, two translators work with me : Red Knight and Bloody Mary, so the translation will be very fast now. wub.gif
Ripper
Hello everybody,

I'm back with The Chronicles of Severian and this mod is 100% completed after 10 months of work, developped as Cool Coyote on LEGENDES, the french community around the modding with Infinity Engine. TCOS is for the moment in final bêta testing.

But I have a big problem to translate Severian from French to English : indeed, Red Knight is now too busy for this work and so I'm looking for some people who can master perfectly english and french. I can't pay a professionnal for doing that, it's too expensive for me : more than 500 euros...

Here are the caracteristics, numbers & content of the final version of TCOS :

* CARACTERISTICS :

- Developped for BG 2: SoA and the Watcher's Keep
- Add a new NPC for your team
- WeiDU mod
- Compatibility with Mac? Must check it

* CONTENT :

- A quest in three chapters : if Charname is a woman
- A quest in one chapter : if Charname is a man
- A romance : if Charname is a woman elf, half elf, human
- Soundtrack and voice pack -in french only-
- New items
- A familiar : Onyx the Shadow Wolf
- Banters & Interjections
- New race : Halfshade -Planar-
- New kit : Outlaw -Ranger kit-

* SOME NUMBERS :

- About 3700 lines of text
- 84 banters
- 103 interjections
- 17 new items including 4 news weapons
- 22 new characters
- 21 titles of soundtrack

SOME PICTURES & SCREENS FROM THE FINAL VERSION -Sorry, all is in french-

THE TRAILER :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=mpMGjLLGD4o

PORTRAITS

SCREENSHOTS

Meeting with Severian :

Meeting with Onyx :

Example of Interjection : Saemon

Smalls quests, some new characters :

Example of Banter : Nalia & Severian

Confrontations

Dialogue of Romance :

Some Items :

ABOUT THE CHARACTERS

Name : Severian Stark
Race : Halfshade
Class : Outlaw (Ranger Kit)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Caractéristic : STR 14 CON 18 DEX 16 WIS 6 INT 10 CHA 14
Martial Habilities: Bastard Sword ** Long Bow * Two Weapons ***
Innates habilities (progressive) : Improved Invisibility

Name : Onyx
Race : Shadow Wolf
Caracteristics : FOR 20 CON 14 DEX 19
Innates habilities : Improved Invisibility 3 times/day
Special - Leveling : Onyx takes levels at the same time of Severian
Special - Calling : Onyx is called with the Signet of the Wolf
Special - Langage : Onyx communicates with telepathy

SOUNDTRACK

You can download 2 titles of the soundtrack here :

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=R3HJSRZM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CE9COV6F
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sorry for my bad english...It's horrible.

Now I must insist : I really need some translators...You would be so nice...

Salutations smile.gif

Cool Coyote from LEGENDES : http://weiducommando.forumsactifs.com/forum.htm
Moongaze
Very impressive.
Wish I could do something like that. happy.gif
Jab
And wow, new race (half-shade). Good news for servants of Shar. smile.gif

P.S. I hope, that the new race will be playable even for "charname".
Ripper
Hello happy.gif

Translation has begun thanks to Bibi and Kurokarasu and maybe Xicloing soon but it will take a long time...

Sorry Jab but the race 'halfshade' is included in the kit of Severian, which is a kit of race/class. sad.gif
Ripper
The translation is in progress with Kurokarasu, Xicloing and Bibi.
One example of Kurokarasu's translation : a banter between Jan and Severian :

// 3.

@800156 = ~Tell me, Dark One, would you be interested to trade this signet-ring at your finger?~
@800157 = ~(Severian plays the game) Depending on what you offer, Pipsqueak.~
@800158 = ~Well, there is a first class blood sausage, bought by Aunt Martha a month ago... Made with the best pig blood in all Athkatla. It has been encumbering my pack for too long and I don't know what to do with it.~
@800159 = ~"A month ago"? Icky! Now I understand why your scrip stinks like that!~
@800160 = ~You see, Aunt Martha is so susceptible. I remember, one day, I decided to go on a trip. She forced me to take with me a batch of her ghastly black-lotus doughnuts. There wasn't any room in my packs!~
@800161 = ~Did you travel far, gnome?~
@800162 = ~No. When I was about to pass the City Gates, the guards arrested me for black lotus doughnuts traffic. Aunt Martha is such a joker, we're like that in the family, so I doubt her doughnuts may be booby-trapped.~
@800163 = ~I noticed that you were all slightly... potty.~
@800164 = ~(Jan shows off his blood sausage) But I still don't know what to do with that... thing.~
@800377 = ~What is it?~
@800165 = ~Eh Anomen, catch it! (Jan throws the sausage in Anomen's arms.) He he!~
@800166 = ~Argh! (Anomen backs off just in time) Do that again and I'll pink you, gnome!~

/!\ I'm looking for some people for proofreading the english translation of my mod. If interested, please send me a PM. Thank you! /!\
Ripper
For people who can understand french here, The Chronicles of Severian will be available the 25th december 2008 :

>> http://weiducommando.forumsactifs.com/forum.htm <<

English translation in serious progression but not before year 2009.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.