Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help Soon...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
kekle3
Okay, I really love that you have taken the superior spell animations from Icewind Dale to BG 2.. but I have a insane large problem

Abi Dalzims Bla bla hurts my teammates... I had to manually drag the new spell animtaions from that ekstra bugfix file you made yessterday, to get the Dolphin animation to work..

BUT BUT BUT! I have used at least 3 hours to get the spell NOT to hurt my teammates! I am using near Ifinity to do so, but either it hurts everyone in the map ecept my team, or every one that is in the "blast radius" and im getting a serius headache from it!

If you would be so kind to somehow send me the .spl file where it plays the dolphin animation, and ignores my teammates or myself, I would be greatly pleased!

Bugs I have found:
I have seen that Dolorius Decay chrashes my game everytime it is cast
When casting horror both the sand face and icewind Dale thingy appears
My level 16 sorc seemingly does no more than 6 dmg with fireball, and only fires 1 Arrow with Flamearrow....

kekle3
Okay, if noone will answer, can you at least give me an unmodified Abi Dalzim's Horred Wilthing .spl file?

Its called SPWI812.spl

I used to mod Baldurs Gate you know tongue.gif
Galactygon
Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting is far less selective on whom it affects - this is intentional and more realistic - but undead will never be affected since it "evaporates moisture from the bodies of every living creature".

But here's what: you may keep the new animation and spell (because even the damage and damagetype is slightly different). Whether a spell affects all creatures or enemies only is determined by the projectile file the spell uses rather than the spell itself. I have an attatchment that changes the projectile so only enemies are affected. Just put it into your override folder.

QUOTE(kekle3 @ Jan 12 2008, 06:01 PM) *
Bugs I have found:
My level 16 sorc seemingly does no more than 6 dmg with fireball, and only fires 1 Arrow with Flamearrow....

I will take a look at these this weekend, once I have the time.

-Galactygon
kekle3
Thx man...

You might scratch the Flame Arrow Issue.. Might be an faulty installation from my side..
Galactygon

Fixed.

Fixed.

My level 16 sorc seemingly does no more than 6 dmg with fireball, ...

This was probabbly because of an unlucky die roll, or the target had high fire resistance, or both.

...and only fires 1 Arrow with Flamearrow....

That only happens if you cast the spell directly on your own teammates. The reason is this: the first arrow is fired at the desired target. Any subsequent arrows are fired at enemy creatures in a random fashion. Allies are not valid targets, so arrows are not fired randomly at them. If you really want complete control over where to fire the arrows, center the spell on the caster.

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.