Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: de'Arnise Romance V1 Released!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
jcompton
Pocket Plane Group is proud to announce the release of version 1 of de'Arnise Romance. The mod adds a new romance track to displaced debutante Nalia de'Arnise, late of the Keep and lately of the Copper Coronet.

The de'Arnise Romance mod proudly brings you...

- A complete romance in Shadows of Amn
- A very nearly tasteful flirt pack
- New adventures with Nalia and her old family friends and enemies
- A carefully selected soundtrack

The mod is immediately available at http://www.pocketplane.net/nalia . You may preview the README at http://mods.pocketplane.net/readmes/README-DeArnise.txt .

Enjoy!
Galactygon
Wow.

-Galactygon
Sikret
Quote from the mod's FAQ:

Q: I have the Concurrent Romance/Multiromance patch installed, and--

A: Stop. We don't care, whatever it is.

Interesting remark!

It's been for a long time that modders such as Vlad have been heavily criticized for making similar comments about compatibility. However, I guess all those critics (read trolls) will just shut their mouths and will not criticize whoever has written this new mod's FAQ (for obvious reasons, of course).
Daulmakan
Without delving too much into previous issues, I think most (if not all) mod romances state in their Readmes that the multi-romance patch will probably mess up the mod (besides the fact that it makes little sense story-wise), so that particular remark isn't anything out of the ordinary for that kind of mod.
Jab
OR it was just a joke. ;-)
Baronius
At least, it is supposed to inform the player about that fact in a "funny" style, which isn't necessarily bad.

I think Sikret just wants to express that while some mod makers are criticized by others for many of their decisions, those others also make similar decisions -- but these latter decisions are "accepted by everyone", thanks to the propaganda certain sites and modders are making to make their techniques and methods "generally accepted". While, in the reality, there are many more principles and techniques which can be used to make great mods, enhanced gaming experience -- there are more ways to make a good mod that is compatible with others.

But I don't want to go off-topic. The Black Wyrm's Lair welcomes any new mod announcement made in our Gathering Hall!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.