Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you equip Jaheira?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Klorox
She can go a lot of different ways.

I think most people slap a STR belt on her, and the best armor possible. After that, there's a lot of ways to go:

Do you go for a spear? Staff? Club & Shield? Dual Wielding (Belm is an awesome off-hand weapon and she can use it).

I'd love to hear some ideas.
Baronius
As far as I can remember, I also used to prefer some sort of Strength modifier, and the usual weapon+shield style. The weapon was either a good scimitar or a spiky, dangerous club.
devSin
Full armor; I don't waste the strength bonus on her, instead giving it to Viconia.

By the end of Chapter 3, she usually has time with Belm (scimitar +2) and Blackblood (club +3), with red dragon plate and an appropriate shield (either red dragon or the shield you get from Amaunator).

Before that, I tend to keep her with "sword" and shield as often as possible (the AC benefit is better than poor THAC0 dual-wielding or slow attacks with a two-handed weapon IMO).
Klorox
Since she has Ironskins, I'm contemplating going with staffs & two handed style for SoA, and adding ** in spear for that great one you get in ToB. I can buy a great +4 Staff from Ribald and have it for 99% of the game.

With a 17 DEX and great armor, she'll still be tough to hit. Ironskins will make it so that when she does get hit, it won't hurt anyway! smile.gif
devSin
Or the Staff of Arundel from Joluv (+3 and gives her bonus spells or something). The problem I have with two-handed is that there aren't any really good spears or staves in SoA (until the Staff of the Woodlands at the very, very end), and they usually don't give any good bonuses. With sword and shield, she gets the benefits of the single-handed weapon and any bonuses from the shield (and there are some very worthwhile shields in SoA). By the time you get the +6 spear in ToB, it'll pretty much be the end of the game.

Without a good AC, the Iron Skins will wear off fairly quickly with her on the front lines, and it won't really protect her from enemy spells (whereas she could have a shield with magic or elemental resistance bonuses). But she can wear most any armor in the game, so the shield isn't strictly necessary for improving AC, and the extra damage from a two-handed weapon could help since she's not terribly great in combat.
Ryel ril Ers
The most dangerous weapon in the SoA is the Spear +3 : Impaler. That weapon has huge avarage damage and only the best two handed weapons equal with it from the ToB like the staff of ram or the ravager.
Moongaze
Usually without STR modifiers, wearing strong enchanted full plate, a strong enchanted medium/large shield (I forgot the names, but there are at least two shields that give +3 and +4 bonus to her already low AC while wearing full plate +2/+3 with her natural 17 DEX..much better than her 14 DEX in BG1.

As weapon usually scimitar or club.
Jarno Mikkola
With a staff and a splint mail, sometimes she had a helmet too, but not for long... biggrin.gif
dzidek1983
Always go with 2-handed... a staff or a spear... she can than fight from the back...
trufa
QUOTE(dzidek1983 @ Aug 12 2008, 02:27 PM) *
Always go with 2-handed... a staff or a spear... she can than fight from the back...

Or go for dualwield. I goes with my kensodruid with Club+Scimitar (Blackblood+Belm), and she is more effective, than a Kensomage and a ranger-cleric together, so it couldn't be bad at Jaheira
lroumen
club of detonation, shield of the dragon, red dragon armor. nuke foes with fire AoE spells with her in the center of it all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.