Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insect Plague: Will MR stop it?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Klorox
I'm thinking about using Insect Plague as one (of a few) weapons against Drizzt for a solo Berserker 5> Druid in BG1 Tutu. It might be helpful, if it'll work.
Tervadh
Insect Plague is subject to magic resistance. One of the ways to take him is to use summonees, even Animate Dead. There are even cheesier ways, if you really want to know.
Klorox
I've heard of blocking him in with 4 dismissed party members. I don't think that'll work in Tutu though, since I think BGII let characters "push through" people.

I won't do that anyway. It is too cheesey, and since I'm soloing, I will not add any party members.

Tervadh
I've done it in Tutu. In fact, I think I was the one who told you about it way back when on the Bioware forums biggrin.gif. And yeah, it was cheesy. But it worked.

If you're going to solo, you might consider a dwarven fighter/cleric or 1/2E cleric/ranger. Get the boots of speed if you can and swarm him with Animate Dead, even while he's still fighting gnolls if you want. Then run around the lake to the island and snipe the crap out of him with a ranged weapon. Doesn't matter what kind since you can only hit him with a critical. In Tutu, he might eventually pathfind his way to you since the default behaviour is better than BG1 (you can decrease this in your config but that's even cheesier than than the previously mentioned methods).
Klorox
It might have been you on the Bioware forums. Haha, small world, right? biggrin.gif

I wonder if the spell Web can affect him(?).

BTW, if I'm playing a Dwarven Fighter/Cleric, I really don't have much of a need to kill him.

Solo characters have more than enough cash, more than enough XP, I wouldn't be able to use his weapons, and Full Plate Mail with a Ring of Protection is better than Drizzt's armor.

Tervadh
QUOTE(Klorox @ Nov 29 2007, 09:07 AM) *
BTW, if I'm playing a Dwarven Fighter/Cleric, I really don't have much of a need to kill him.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Of course, you could let him use the scimitars with a mod like Ashes of Embers or Level 1 NPCs. But that is perhaps just a wee bit to powergamey.

A bard or F/T or F/M/T is a good solo character too.
WizWom
the old trick was to set the pathfinding real low, get him hostile, and shoot arrows at him from the island.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.