Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Mod! Just trying it now
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
Hoppy
Thanks Baronius for a terrific little addition. I am playing BGT version 105 with NeJ2 and Tortured Souls with Herbs Potions both for BG1 and BG2 parts. Since I don't have anything really modding BG1 parts,(except for Vlad's minimod) this was very refreshing to have something new and not get overwhelmed by giant mods and areas and such. The weapons are working well and have turned out to be life savers ph34r.gif plus it is great to have some new beverages beer.gif for the journeys ahead smile.gif.

I am anticipating what the BG2 version has to offer.
Thanks!
cigar1.jpg
Baronius
I'm glad to hear you find it good, Hoppy!

I don't want to influence you in advance by telling negative things about the mod, but I must admit that this is the mod I really want to revise some day (more precisely, to rebuild from scratch), but I have no time, of course. The idea is very good with the herbs and brewing, but the mod's content and structure itself is... nevermind, as I said, I don't want to influence you unnecessarily.

As far as the BG2 edition is concerned, I have to disappoint you, though. It includes the same content, just in a different location (and a little difference in the way you get the herbs) sad.gif
Hoppy
No problem there, it is what it is for now. I know you have more elaborate mods and look forward to installing your bigger mods like Grey Clan Episode(s). I haven't really modded BG1 until now and played a lot of the Big mods in BG2 and they definitely have their challenges and frustrations. It is nice to have a small mod that offers a little bit and doesn't take away from the original game and it is what it is, nothing more, nothing less. Mainly I wanted to be real careful with installing big mods in BGT that would end up being detrimental to NeJ2.
Keep up the good work B!
Baronius
Thanks!

By the way, Firebeard or Poisonkiss? Or both? smile.gif
Hoppy
Both! dagger.gif ninja.gif dagger2.gif . It will be a shame to lose them when I transition to BG2. If that happens I will have just more motivation to take out my anger on Irenicus' ugly face tongue.gif
I am looking forward to playing TGCe1 in my other installation and future chapters when they are made. Good luck with those, too, they sound <Kick A**> thumb.gif
Baronius
It will be a shame to lose them when I transition to BG2. If that happens [..]

Have them forged again by Juoma! (The content of the BG2 edition is the same.)

I am looking forward to playing TGCe1 in my other installation and future chapters when they are made. Good luck with those

I hope you will like TGCe1 too. It's more balanced than Herbs -- but, of course, it also follows my "black-box" philosophy: creature and other stats aren't important (and they don't follow strict rules), only the actual gaming experience.

I really like my ideas for TGCE2 (and it's a pity I lost those notes), so if there is a way, I'll develop and release Ep2 (and maybe Ep3) some day. Perhaps after years, but I really hope I can release it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.