Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REquest for Rabain:
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Klorox
I've seen your portrait making skills and love them. I have a special requst which shouldn't bee too tough for you.

I've been using the portrait (the standard one anyway) that you use for your avatar on a Berserker that I plan on dual classing to a Mage later.

Would it be possible to get a portrait of that face in a Wizards Robe? I'd be really happy.

TIA
Rabain
I'll have a go at it but I have to tell you that I'm away from my normal computer and don't have photoshop available.

I'll be using The Gimp and my experience with that program is just a little above none.

Let's see how this goes...you want it with a robe like Edwins?
Klorox
A robe like Edwins would be perfect.

BTW, I'm still in the early stages of BG1, so I don't need this portrait for a while. I'm still using the Fighter-looking one.

Thanks a lot.
Rabain
I tried to do this using The Gimp and I have to say that I really dislike that program. I'd heard people praise it as an alternative to Photoshop but really it is so annoying to use.

I guess if you haven't used Photoshop before it might be an improvement over paint but as far as i can see even the most basic changes are made annoyingly annoying. Gahhhh!

That being said here is my attempt. If you want to ask someone else to clean it up...the fingers...maybe the robe colour...feel free to go ahead...I can't bring myself to use The Gimp again...in fact I think I'll uninstall it and see if I can find a free Photoshop trial somewhere!

Sorry for the rant!

[attachment=2327:MAN2L.BMP]
Klorox
That is perfect.

Silly question: How do I make the small pic for this?
Daulmakan
You can resize it with Paint.

Those are just quick resizings, you could center more on the face or just cut from a specific side of the pic according to your liking.

Happy gaming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.