Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Requirements
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Chev
Hi Galactygon,

I like your SpellPack. When I cast spells like Web, Entangle and a lot with Stinking Cloud the game really slows down. And more so when more than one of them are cast. So much so that I have stopped using it. I am not sure if it is the graphics or scripts running. If you do put out a new SpellPack or when Lost Crossroads comes out I am wondering what the system requirements will be with your great spell graphics.

My system info:
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+
984 MHz, 960 MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT
Win XP
Galactygon
QUOTE(Chev @ Oct 31 2007, 01:29 AM) *
I like your SpellPack. When I cast spells like Web, Entangle and a lot with Stinking Cloud the game really slows down. And more so when more than one of them are cast. So much so that I have stopped using it. I am not sure if it is the graphics or scripts running. If you do put out a new SpellPack or when Lost Crossroads comes out I am wondering what the system requirements will be with your great spell graphics.

Yes, some of those spells play many large .bam files, and I have encountered that same problem on older computers. I have from the start, intended to make an optional component that reduces the graphics to a more bearable pace, albeit sacrificing some of the beauty. But what does beauty matter when the game plays at an unplayable rate?

QUOTE(Chev @ Oct 31 2007, 01:29 AM) *
My system info:
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+
984 MHz, 960 MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT
Win XP

984 MHz for a processor isn't very much, so it is most likely that. Also, from what I recently learned, large Override folders can slow the game down, so biffing them might help (I think WeiDU could do that).

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.