Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview of the [new] Spell Icons
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Galactygon
That's right, here we have a preview of some of the new spell icons that you will see in The Lost Crossroads. These are specifically shown as the appropriate spell scroll For those curious ones out there, there will scrolls with priest spells written on it, but only priests can use them, and you can only cast them; not learn them. Also, it must be kept in mind (due to a variety of reasons) that priests may use ANY priest scroll (even ones that are supposedly available to druids) regardless of what spheres they can cast.

These are icons that were created by the fruits of this mods' labour, rather than a simple import-export from other games (although some DO look like they have been simply thrown in there). wink.gif

Also, I must give credit to Grog, who made some of these spell icons (Raise Dead is the one he made from the ones shown here, although he made several other ones not shown in this list).

I will give the listing of which spell it is, from left to right and top to bottom:

Top Row: Chain Contingency, Chromatic Blade, Contingency, Dead Man's Eyes, Reveal Magic, Elysium's Tears, Energy Drain, False Dawn, Fire and Ice, Firends

Middle Row: Lightning Bug, Major Globe of Invulnerability, Mass Raise Dead, Mechanus Cannon, Mislead, Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, Project Image, Protection from Good, Protection from Vermin, Invulnerability to Normal Weapons

Bottom Row: Reveal Magic, Shadow Magic, Simulacrum, Spell Immunity, Spell Invulnerability, Storm of Vengeance, Summon Swarm/Summon Insects, Weapon Invulerability, Wonderous Recall, Zone of Sweet Air.

Some of these icons are bound to change, simply because I am not fully satisfied with them. Zone of Sweet Air, Invulnerability to Normal Weapons, Weapon Invulerability, Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, Mislead, and Simulacrum are the icons that need to be redone.

I'd certainly appreciate anyone giving a shot at any one of those icons.

-Galactygon
Andyr
They look nice - inspired by IWDII? smile.gif
Baronius
They're just beautiful.
Echon
Some of them are from Torment, right? I think I recognise a couple or two.

-Echon
Rabain
These are icons that were created by the fruits of this mods' labour, rather than a simple import-export from other games (although some DO look like they have been simply thrown in there).

Do you mean that it wasn't easy to export/import them as i think all of them are taken from IWDII and Torment? It just sounds like you are saying they are all original creations...sorry if I am mistaken!

There are several from the top row that are Torment spell icons anyway, Dakkons Zerthimon spells definately!

Torment Spell Icons

IWDII Spell Icons

If you are still looking for new icons take a look here.

Oh and some of the icons in the attached file might be of use to someone.
Galactygon
QUOTE(Rabain @ Oct 9 2004, 10:34 PM)
Do you mean that it wasn't easy to export/import them as i think all of them are taken from IWDII and Torment? It just sounds like you are saying they are all original creations...sorry if I am mistaken!

They had to be reworked in Photoshop, because PS:T uses different frames and sizes, etc.

The contingency and Sequencer-type spells will use Dakkon's spell icons, since I found no icons that are any close to what they may represent spells of that type.

And thanks for the link, Rabain. It has a slew of useful icons (although they might have to be reworked in photoshop to match the other ones nicely).

*eyes the timestop icon among the rest of icons*

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.