Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions re BGTutu/BGT edition, v1.0
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Drizzt Saga
diana
Hi, when I last had access to broadband and dl the above version I found some things I had problems with.

First of all, as a reader of the RA Salvatore books I enjoyed this mod immensely. Seeing old fees like Artemis, the balor and Jarlaxle - priceless! And the graphics and new creatures from Icewind Dale - for someone who's never played them -- beautiful!

And now for my comments/criticisms.

Drizzt himself - I found 3 scimitars in his inventory -- why wasn't Twinkle and the other Frostblade (or Defencer) just carried over? You can't move these weapons. When I click on Drizzt I can't see his scimitars equpped. I had the same problem with Wulfgar's Aegis Fang. I had to change the item to movable, run the saved game through ShadowKeeper to get the correction.

Cattie-Brie - I think you're trying to keep to the RA Salvatore portraits -- I forget which novel but there is one with Cattie-Brie with the infra-red amulet she got from Alusttial - would fit better.

Bruenor is too damn skinny! One of the other novel covers has a better picture for him as I see you're using one of the covers for Wulfgar.

Guen - she disappears and never comes back. I would suggest talking a look at how they treat Cerebus the Moondog, or the fighter from the Horn of Valhalla. That would give an idea on how to do this item.

Biggest problem I had was the area transitions --- and I never did find Bruenor.

All in all -- great mod.
flysoup
Hi,

I am glad that you enjoyed the mod and I will take in your comments/criticisms.

The reason for the scimitar issue is that I couldnĀ“t use the ones in the game
since I used Drizzts animation and the game crashes if anything is put into his shield slot.

If I used a ordinary elf animation then it would have worked but I wanted to use Drizzts

The Guen figurine should come back into the inventory, it may not do so if Drizzt
dies and drops it on the ground or if he dies when Guen has been summoned
as I remember it.

As for Bruenor, he should be located outside the cave entry that leads into the Drow areas.

Any link for the alternative portraits you mentioned?

Best regards,
Michael
diana
hi - sorry for the delay but I've been beta testing.

Unfortunately it seems that RA Salvatore has been in the process of re-releasing cover art for his earlier books regarding Drizzt. The one which had Cattie-Brie on the cover is no longer evident. He has now moved on to a new artist whom I think is Todd Lockwood.
flysoup
Cool,

Todd Lockwood is a pretty good artist when it comes to fantasy creations.

Maybe I should create some alternative portraits for Drizzt Saga since I
am an illustrator and comic artist rolleyes.gif

Though I am stucked in a pile with other projects at the moment,
None economical fruitful but a blessing for the soul!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.