Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unnamed Castle
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Valiant
Hi all smile.gif

This is just a short rendershot of a castle I´m currently working on. Logically I can´t work only on one project, so I´m working on two, hehe... One project would be boring.

I guess Sir-Kill will recognize - yeah, good old Anvli castle from Oblivion. But, to make it look suitable for IE, it needed to be reworked. Shell comes very handy, also converting Mesh to Polygon (...built -in meshsmooth...). And some imagination. This is just the first tower, more will come in time...

Enjoy.

EDIT: Typos...

[attachment=2047:ACTower.jpg]
Sir-Kill
built in mesh smooth?
are you using the normal bump maps?
when converting from mesh to poly how do you get rid of the extra faces (triangles) is it done manually?
Valiant
1) No. Replaced original editable mesh with editable polygon due to built-in meshsmooth function, and for reducing face and vertice count. Extra faces are reduced automatically AFAIK, or at least I didn´t have any problems with. Usually I convert ed-mesh to ed-poly, then use Shell modificator and them collapse stack back to ed-poly...

2)Yes.
Valiant
Part 1 + 2:

[attachment=2079:Part1_2.jpg]
Valiant
Parts 1 + 2 revisited. Now using BG2 roof together with normal maps, thanks to Sir-Kill, hehe...smile.gif

[attachment=2081:Part1_2_BGroof.jpg]
salomonkane
Hey Valiant/Sir-Kill, if sometime you're are coming around ...
About :
But, to make it look suitable for IE, it needed to be reworked.

I would be very interested about some tips concerning this customization Infinity Engine assets criteria (texturing, palets ...) in a 3d pipeline creation (for Tileset, Characters, Area painting, etc .) ...
T.Y. .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.