Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rescue the bear tribe child?????
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Drizzt Saga
otterncc7
I'm stuck and need some help. Where do I find the bear tribe child I am supposed to rescue? I have completed the Nine Hells, picked up regis at bruenor's cabin, was given the quest to find the child at the bear tribe area, and also completed the storm mountain area. Is there a new area I am supposed to go to? Don't see anything else on the world map. I saw something in another posting about a world map update that needs to be installed? I have the following installed. BG1 and Tales, BG2 and Throne, BG Tutu, the BG Tutu patch, NPC Kits, Finch, Sirene's call, and the Drizzt Saga. Any help would be appreciated as I am loving this add on to the best game of all time!!!
flysoup
Hi there,

spoiler further down:

Head to north of the village and enter a mountain area facing some Frost Giants and also a store hidden within a ship wreck
and some loot in the area aswell, search search....

In the northern part of the mountain area you enter a new area (a large bridge leading you to the child laying on the ground).
But it is ofcourse not an easy walk to get there. Gather all your steel an spells wink.gif
Ancient Galatan
Well, I faced the same problem, but found the areas in the end.

But now I am facing another problem.

1: I lost the panther figurine, does anyone know the item code for it?
2: What to do after rescueing the child, where to go?
Baronius
Glad to hear you have found the areas. If there is anything notable regarding how you did that, please share it so it may help others who face the same problem.

The item code is F_PANTH.

I think the child should be brought back to the bear tribe leader, but I played it long ago so I'm not 100% sure.
flysoup
That is correct as Baronius mentioned, bring back the child to the elder then head back to the Dale and continue the search for Drizzt companions, there is also a quest in the Inn at the Beartribe village.
otterncc7
Thanks for the replies, but I'm still not sure on where to go. Is there supposed to be a new area on the world map after getting the child rescue quest? The three new areas on my world map are Bruenors Cabin, Bear Tribe Village and the Storm March area. I tried exiting each area from all directions after clearing them. Any help would be great as I can't wait to meet artemis and jarlaxe.
flysoup
Here are some maps showing were to exit. The red spot is the exit.

The bear Tribe Village leading to the Frost Giant area:

[attachment=2011:beartribe.bmp]

The Frost Giant area leading to the bridge were the Bear Tribe child is:

[attachment=2012:frost_giant_area.bmp]

The area were the child is:

[attachment=2013:bridge.bmp]

After completing the child quest head back to Bruenors cabin and continue the
journey to find Bruenor and Catti-Brie.

You can choose the Storm March Mountain whenever you feel like it.

diana
I also have a problem getting to the next area -- When I exit the bear tribe village after receiving the quest the only areas I can access via the world map are Bruenor's cabin and the tribe village itself. I installed this mod after the Worldmap. If that is the problem, can you give me the correct area codes so I can CLUAConsole myself there?

Thanks.

Edited to add -- finally found the route to the child.

I have a question -- I downloaded the version of the Drizzt saga in August 2007. I still had a hard time trying to find the area transition points. Did I also need to dl the fixes from 2006?
Baronius
Those fixes were for the first, non-WeiDU version, so they shouldn't be installed with the current version.
hawkiem
QUOTE(flysoup @ Sep 27 2007, 10:52 PM) *
Here are some maps showing were to exit. The red spot is the exit.

The bear Tribe Village leading to the Frost Giant area:

[attachment=2011:beartribe.bmp]

It does not work to me... I can not enter the Frost Giant area from the Village... When I try to escape via the place which is marked by "red spot" it shows me world map, and there's no new location... [attachment=2232:Baldr000.bmp]
Any sugestions?
melkor_morgoth75
Did u install worldmap mod? I guess no ...

Please may you post your weidu log?

mm75
dvandersluis
I'm having a problem too. I'm using this mod on my BG1Tutu install. I finished the Nine Hells, and have Bruenor's Cabin, Bear Tribe Village, and Storm March Mountains on my worldmap. I have cleared out all those areas, and got the quest to find the child. However, trying to leave the Village map takes me to the world map screen. I do not have any worldmap mod installed, although I do have the "Install Worldmap v6 Support" component of Drizzt Saga installed. Can anyone help?
erebusant
QUOTE(dvandersluis @ Dec 29 2007, 11:03 PM) *
I'm having a problem too. I'm using this mod on my BG1Tutu install. I finished the Nine Hells, and have Bruenor's Cabin, Bear Tribe Village, and Storm March Mountains on my worldmap. I have cleared out all those areas, and got the quest to find the child. However, trying to leave the Village map takes me to the world map screen. I do not have any worldmap mod installed, although I do have the "Install Worldmap v6 Support" component of Drizzt Saga installed. Can anyone help?

If you install the WM6 Support component then you need to use WM6 in your game. It removes several travel triggers like the one you can no longer find.
dvandersluis
Oh... I didn't realize that. So what can I do now?
dvandersluis
For what it's worth, I got it to work again by uninstalling that component, and then opening up my save game file in Near Infinity and removing the copy of F_0111.ARE, so that it would be regenerated from the proper one when I returned to the area. Of course, all the frost giants killed in that area needed to be killed again, but other than that, everything seems to be working again.
pappy
i am at the area where the child should be, but it isn't there...help!!! I assume i have to pick him up like an item, no? He should be near where the wight (or whatever the green thing was) was at, correct? I have worldmap installed.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.12
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05b
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Drizzt Saga for Tutu/BGT v1.0
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Worldmap v6 Support
~SETUP-INDINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Indira NPC for BGT-WeiDU
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bard kit revisions
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Bard High Level Ability revisions
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Proper spell progression for Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Chosen of Cyric encounter
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Shadow Thief Improvements
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate v6.6.1 - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Travel Times and Area Visibility -> Revised Area Visibility and Travel Times for BG1 & SoA/TOB+BP Family Mods
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #4 // Worldmap size: Choose the size of the worldmap -> Large Worldmap 4900x3500
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #6 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music
pappy
ok, that's strange...i went to a save game before i got to that area, and played through again (it was just before i left after getting the quest from the healer), and it was there this time. I cast a fireball into the area the first time...wonder if that killed the child?? I also left the area after the first time...maybe it removed the "body" of the child like a corpse?

Anyway, i have the child...going back to the village...
pappy
nm, i found a new section
Baronius
Glad to hear that your problem was solved. smile.gif
pappy
yeah, it was weird....i don't know why the child disappeared from the area, but luckily i had a save game from before i went there...weird....
flysoup
And what do we learn from all this?

It is unwise to play with fire when a baby is nearby newwink.gif
Patrax
Thanks for the tip about using Near infinity to fix my saved game dvandersluis. I'm running the mod with easytutu as well and didn't realize the worldmap support was not needed. Might want to make a sticky saying not to install wmV6 support if you are using easytutu. Did I miss anything at Bruneor's Cabin concerning the worldmap? If so what is the map name I need to fix?
Baronius
Unfortunately, Flysoup has retired, so I'm not sure when he visits the forum next time. I can't answer your question, hopefully someone else (possibly a former Drizzt Saga tester or WM6 modder) will be able to.

I've created & pinned the new topic you suggested -- thanks, Patrax.
Patrax
No problem. Thought it would save others the effort I went through figuring out the problem. I ended up going back to an earlier save and Bruneor's Cabin had the same problem. In both areas I was being taken back to the worldmap rather than opening up new areas.
Scafloc
I found the Storm March Mountains area, killed the monsters but no clue where the exit to the area with the child should be. I noticed that the area where my party is looks very different from the picture Flysoup sent
erebusant
QUOTE(Scafloc @ Jan 2 2009, 01:52 PM) *
I found the Storm March Mountains area, killed the monsters but no clue where the exit to the area with the child should be. I noticed that the area where my party is looks very different from the picture Flysoup sent

You took the trip with the scroll. You need to return to the Bear Tribe Village and exit the area to the North to the Frost Giant Hills along the way to the Ritual area.
Grimwald
I have done the same as Safloc, but when I try to go to the hills to rescue the child, it says destination unreachable. Anyone got any ideas?
nymph666
I have the same trouble with Drizzt Saga. No new location appear on world map, no matter which route I leave Bear Tribe Village map. Is it possible to unlock new location via console somehow? Playing Baldur's Gate *warez-bb edition*.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.