Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drizzt Saga & BG2
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Drizzt Saga
Ironhide
I'm playing with BGT.
I have question about Drizzt's crew.
after end BG1 Can Drizzt's crew jump with me into BG2?
flysoup
As far as I have understood they wont join with you into BG2 since that would conflict with their story in BG2/SoA.

HavenĀ“t tried it all the way to the end in BG1 with BGT installed though.
melkor_morgoth75
QUOTE(Ironhide @ Aug 12 2007, 01:45 PM) *
I'm playing with BGT.
I have question about Drizzt's crew.
after end BG1 Can Drizzt's crew jump with me into BG2?

No, u can't.

mm75
billymas
The latest version just did it....
Drizzt is now with me fighting at Irenicus dungeon
Jarno Mikkola
QUOTE(billymas @ Feb 8 2010, 09:05 PM) *
The latest version just did it....
Drizzt is now with me fighting at Irenicus dungeon
I don't think they are the exact same crew(using the same .cre files). As the BG2's comes from the Reign of Terror mod... unless I have terribly messed up my assumption.
flysoup
When I created the mod I didn't have the intention for them to follow along into BG2/SoA due to the conflict that would cause with the storyline of BG2/SoA. The cre files isn't the same as the ones in Reign of Terror. There is another mod that allows Drizzt to join you for a while after the fight in Bodhi's lair called Worgas (npc mod). He only joins for a while though and leaves in ToB. When I played BGT i remember looking through the scripts and the CRE files from Drizzt Saga was included with the npc's that would not be transported from BG1 into BG2. You could always fiddle with that script so they tag along into BG2 wink.gif
billymas
QUOTE(flysoup @ Mar 5 2010, 04:34 PM) *
When I created the mod I didn't have the intention for them to follow along into BG2/SoA due to the conflict that would cause with the storyline of BG2/SoA. The cre files isn't the same as the ones in Reign of Terror. There is another mod that allows Drizzt to join you for a while after the fight in Bodhi's lair called Worgas (npc mod). He only joins for a while though and leaves in ToB. When I played BGT i remember looking through the scripts and the CRE files from Drizzt Saga was included with the npc's that would not be transported from BG1 into BG2. You could always fiddle with that script so they tag along into BG2 wink.gif

well,i never install region of terror so this is confirmed not the Drizzt in RoT.
After i done DSaga quest i talk to Belt to have me transition to Amn.
That time Drizzt is in my party.
Then during Irenicus dialog with me i saw Drizzt in the cell behind me!!Except that all his possession is gone,like myself too.
Then of course he follow me all the way to Athkatla until i dismissed him,since he cant equip any weapon but normal shirt sword,
when i equip other weapons in his weapon slot it will cause the game to CTD,this is pretty normal right?
Or how can i fix this problem,to enable Drizzt to equip more weapon other than his scimitar in SoA?
Jarno Mikkola
QUOTE(billymas @ Mar 11 2010, 01:26 PM) *
Or how can i fix this problem,to enable Drizzt to equip more weapon other than his scimitar in SoA?
That's not really easy, as you don't have the animation files required to make the character look 'nice'... you could copy the original files and rename them as the different weapon etc. animations... but I don't exactly know how to do that... but it should be as easy as chanching a letter in the file name to another... will have to take a look at the files first.
Hoppy
From what I recall, his left hand weapon has to be flagged as a shield for the actual "Drizzt" animation to be stable and not crash.

EDIT:

The item change would have to have animation of S1 or S2? Or was it SC for scimitar? I am getting rusty in my reclusion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.