Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quest Experience Listing
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Raven
Hi,

I'm looking for a comprehensive list of all the sources of quest experience in the unmodded BG2 SOA. By quest experience I specifically mean the experience that has been added to each character separately via code like:

CODE
AddXPObject(Player1,10000)
AddXPObject(Player2,10000)
AddXPObject(Player3,10000)
AddXPObject(Player4,10000)
AddXPObject(Player5,10000)
AddXPObject(Player6,10000)

I found for the TOB part of the game that the designers listed all the quest xp conveniently in one file - XPLIST.2DA, which is then referred to in scripts/dialogues, but they didn't use such a method in SOA.

So I was wondering if there is a list anywhere that someone's made of all the quest xp and what scripts/dialogues etc. it appears in for SOA. I know that Weimer did this for IWD2 (you can download the file from Sorcerer's Place) so I thought there was a chance it had been done for SOA too.

Thanks a lot.
Daulmakan
Dan Simpsons' FAQ/Walkthrough routinely details quest experience rewards. I'm not sure if he lists the whole thing, but it might be worth a look.
Raven
In his walkthrough Dan Simpson does indeed mention the quest xp throughout the game, but it was the names of the script/dialogue files which contain the lines which give the quest xp that I was really after.
Rabain
Weidu can get you that I'm pretty sure. My weidu skills aren't that good but those who can are around.

Alternatively you could use NI to search dialogs/scripts for the Add/Give XP commands.
Daulmakan
Sorry Raven, that wasn't much help.

Rabain pretty much summed it up.

It isn't as neat as the XPLIST.2DA entry, but this is what came up with Near Infinity doing a search for AddObjectXP (apparently only the ones in SoA appeared, probably because they're separated from each other, unlike those in ToB, which all refer to that 2DA file):

[attachment=1704:result.txt]
Raven
Daulmakan,

Thanks very much!

I had thought I could get at the files through NI but to be honest I'm not particularly skilled at using it (being a tester rather than a modder wink.gif ).

That file is exactly what I was after. And you're right that those entries are all SOA because the command 'AddObjectXP' is never used in TOB.
Daulmakan
Glad I could help. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.