Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: from Bg1QP thread
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > BG1 Quest Pack
domi
Would it be possible to give the NPC some interjection during the new quests, as there is in BG2 and in BG1 NPC ? I know this would need a lot of works, since there are many NPC in BG1, and that it may not work with original BG1, but it would make the mod still more interesting.

Well, that's just a suggestion

####

You donīt have Tutu installed, have you? BG1NPC brings tons of banters packed with it.

Anyway, i think it could be implemented, but iīm fairly sure that Baronius would be glad to do it if you write the banters for him. (the text, not the code) Donīt forget BG1QuestPack features: 100 quest are a not a joke!

####

It is not possible, because BG1QP must be compatible with original BG1 either where there are no BG2-type banters (several players don't use Tutu). However I remember several banters in BG1 too (Jaheira-Khalid, druids-Jaheira etc. etc.) -- could such be added to BG1QP AND would work both with Tutu and stock BG1?

Btw BG1NPC project adds a lot of excellent banters, so if it is not possible in BG1QP, players don't have to fear! Btw BG1QP is planned to be compatible with BG1NPC, I think it doesn't need anything special but we'll talk about this with the BG1NPC authors anyway!

####

I think what Mathrim suggested was adding NPC's reactions as you do quests introduced by your mod: IE the Quest giver says: "Go there, kill that!" and Kivan if in party says: "No way!" Since your quests are all new you should be able to add these reactions, w/o problems.
Baronius
We've already discussed it in the workroom, but thanks for the post anyway, it's good to see our plan to be approved by a creator of BG1NPC. wink.gif
well, as long as there is no direct conflicts. You might want to take a look at the quests we are adding for NPCs to make sure they are not duplicated/similar.
Baronius
I'm sure we'll be able to harmonize all things.
Rabain
There shouldn't be any duplication. On the topic of similarity though I can't really say as without knowing what exactly you guys have planned/have done thats an unknown though if you are interested in collaborating on this matter we'd welcome that!

Most of our quests will be new ones. With new non-joinable NPC's or expanding on existing unused NPC's (such as your bog standard commoner in the many area's in BG1).

We haven't planned on adding any quests for the joinable NPC's, though interjections in the quests we are creating I'm sure will be done as needed.
Domi
Here is the list of done quests:

Kivan

Quest content: Tazok's bounty hunter catches up with Kivan
Items needed: y
New NJ NPC's needed: y
Area Used: The Bridge to BG map

Coran#1

Quest content: Coran's baby dilemma solved.
New NJ NPC's needed: n
Area Used: City of Baldur's Gate

Xan#1

small humorous encounter N of Nashkel mines

Garrick

Quest content: Garrick aquires a book which leads the group to figh a band of undead
Area Used: Nashkel Carnival, Ulcaster ruins

Xzar - 1

Quest content: Fight w Xzar's bosses.
Items needed: n
New NJ NPC's needed: n

Xzar-3

Quest content: Xzar summons slimes in the Undersellar.
Area Used: Undesellar, sewers

Edwin-1

Expansion on the Edwin's encounter with his bosses (Spide Wood)

Here is the list of what we'd like to do for Phase 2 and 3:
Jaheira

Quest content: Dealing with ShD in Cloackwood
Area Used: Cloackwood 2 and 3
Writting Status: complete

Coran

Quest content: Coran falls victim to a beautiful succubus who tries to use party to get the item she needs from Firewine Bridge Dungeon.
Area Used: Firewine Bridge, Beregost Temple
Writting Status: completed

Faldorn

Quest content: Faldorn seeks the Emerald Ray, a relic of Kador the Burner
Area Used: The City of BG, Larswood, FAI
Writting Status: complete, minor edits needed

Dynaheir

Link:
Quest content: Recover Dynaheir's Journal with the help of Drizzt; explains who captured Dynaheir
Area Used: The Drizzt's map; Theive's Maze in City of BG
Writting Status: completed, minor revisions needed

Xan

Quest content: A variation of save the slaves quest to test Xan's ability to be Moonblade weilder.
Items needed: update to Moonblade only
NJ NPC's needed: y
Area Used: Spider Forest (AR3000), Matumin Garden
Writting Status: Completed

Xzar-2

Quest content: Xzar obtains blood from Dryads in the Cloudpeaks and forges it into an item.
Area Used: Cloudpeaks, City of Baldur's Gate
Writting Status: complete

Viconia

Quest content: the struggle between different churches with Shar
Area Used: ?
Writting Status: in writing

Tiax

Quest content: Help Belgin, Tiax's former mentor, who is accused of killing Tiax by Tiaxs' father.
Writting Status: near complete

Imoen

Quest content: Imoen is involved into a plot with Philosopher stone
Items needed: statue
Area Used: Beregost, Baldur's Gate
Writting Status: in writing

Alora 1

Quest content: Help Alora recover her posessions
Area Used: Baldur's Gate
Writing Status: started

Alora 2

Quest content: Help Alora rescue her brother
Area Used: Bandit's Camp
Writing Status: in discussion

Ajantis

Quest content: Help Ajantis find false Helmites
Area Used: Helm's Temple in Nashkel (?)
Writting Status: in discussion

Vague Ideas:

Eldoth-Skie Quest Idea (Hendryk)

Edwin Quest (dealing with Thayvian politics)
jastey
Thanks very much, Domi! As Rabain already wrote, the BG1 Questpack won't add any NPC quests, still it's good to know for compatibility reasons where the NPC quests of the BG1 NPC project will take place. smile.gif
Salk
My two cents opinion: I dont use BG1TuTu at all and I am not gonna install it. I loved the BG1 graphic engine the way it was. The only limitation I find is about the graphic resolution which would have looked even more astonishing at 800x600 but that's all. Also I am totally uninterested as player in inside-party quests (the ones that comes only if you have in your party Jaheira or Minsc or Imoen ecc. ecc.) as I always play as group using the Multiplayer option (I created all of the six characters - one being myself (I have made customs sounds and created my own portraits!)and then I control the whole party - that's incredibly satisfactory). So personally I would just develop quests coming from external sources. Bye!
jastey
QUOTE(Salk @ Oct 19 2004, 05:43 PM)
I would just develop quests coming from external sources.

That's what the BG1 Questpack will do: a lot of additional quests like the ones there already are in the game, consistent to the BG1 style. There will be no extra (joinable) NPC-banters or quests. Only thing we could consider is to let the NPCs in the group give their statements to the new quests. Maybe this could be made optional, I could imagine there are fans for both possibilities.
Salk
That sounds totally wonderful to me! wink.gif Couldnt really wish for more than that! Thanks! wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.