Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IMPORTANT] Consent for publishing mods on Infinity Games new release
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
yarpen
[IMPORTANT] Consent for publishing mods on Infinity Games new release

Hello everyone. As I wrote in title, it's very important (for me and CDP - official Infinity games publisher in Poland) thing. At newest Infinity Games release (both BG and IWD) CD Projekt wants to give for players some good mods available in polish for these games.

And here I come with the list of mods, which we have selected to publish - and if you want, to see it on this publishment, you must give us a word of agree. Then, here it is:

Converters:
#BG Trilogy (WeiDU) DONE (Thanks Ascension64!)
#BG1TuTu DONE (Thanks jcompton!)
#BG1TuTu Fixpack

BG1:
#BG1 Slime Quest (Thanks Jastey!)
#The Grey Clan Episode I: In Candlelight (Thanks Baronius!)
#Herbs & Potions Add-In (Thanks Baronius!)

BG2:
#ToB Baldurdash-WeiDu Fixpack (Thanks Vlad!)
#Banter Packs (Thanks jcompton!)
#BG2 FixPack (G3) (Thanks CamDawg!)
#BG2 Tweak Pack (Thanks CamDawg!)
#Divine Remix (Thanks CamDawg!)
#Dungeon-Be-Gone (Thanks jcompton!)
#Herbs & Potions Add-In (for BG2) (Thanks Baronius!)
#Tortured Souls (Thanks Vlad!)
#Tower of Deception (Thanks Valiant!)
#DEF Jam (Thanks SimDing0!)
#Igi Mini-mods (Projectile Retrieval, Spell System Adjustment, Learn Through Use, Key Names) DONE (Thanks Igi!)

BGTuTu/BGT:
#Baldur's Gate Trilogy Tweakpack (BGT) (Thanks Ascension64!)
#BG1 Slime Quest also for TuTu/BGT (Thanks Jastey!)
#The Grey Clan Episode I: In Candlelight (BGT) (Thanks Ascension64!)
#Sword Coast Stratagems (Thanks DawidW!)

Thanks!
Baronius
I give my permission for Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight (all editions).

I hope Polish players will enjoy the mod, even though it's just Episode One. (I'm working on Ep2.)
yarpen
Yup, it's now good-known mod thanks for WR (where we collect all polish translations) and I think it can be very good advertisment for BWL and all Infinity Scene, because of that these mods are only "preview" of that what is available here biggrin.gif

Really thanks for that Bar smile.gif
Baronius
By the way, I've just realized that the current release hasn't got its Polish translation included! Are you using Folmi's translation? (Does that WR site collect only translations, so players can download and integrate them to the mod as stand-alone files?).

In details:

I remember that the old edition, Last Breath of the Past (completely obsolote since 2005, the release of In Candlelight) was translated in Polish and published, but the current one wasn't. More accurately, I was unable to find the email which Folmi sent me, in fact I even didn't remember (my fault). Albatros contacted me in June about it, and I asked him to check the texts again (and also told him that I don't remember, unfortunately), but I haven't received a reply yet (or just an email problem? Though he could have used PM). Yesterday I found Folmi's email (not sure why the search didn't find it in June), with the translations, so I apologise for forgetting about it. However, I still ask it to be compared with the current TRA files of Grey Clan Episode One: there might be some changes -- a very quick check could be beneficial before I release the version with the Polish translation.
yarpen
On Wieża Ramazitha we have fully updated and translated version of In Caldnelight - the there shouldn't be any troubles. We're providing mods with translations - sometimes, if contact with author isn't possible, or we're haven't got too much time we also provide prepared by us versions with polish translations (then only Translations in tp2 are modified).

But maybe you know, how it is with author of Tortured Souls?
Valiant
I´m giving you my permission for publishing Tower Of Deception, including all future releases, or versions of the mod. But the situation is the same like with Baronius´s mods - it has no proper Polish translation yet. If you want, do it yourself, but I request you´ll send me those polish texts, too...

Btw, I know CD Projekt very well... rolleyes.gif

yarpen
http://hrothgar.webd.pl/wieza/download/ToD-setup.rar
Here you can find published on our site ToD with PL version. Sorry for that you hadn't got it earlier - but Grzebul is absent now.. It was fully checked etc. And we didn't changed anything other than only this tp2 entry of language smile.gif

And thanks for that smile.gif
Baronius
On Wieża Ramazitha we have fully updated and translated version of In Caldnelight - the there shouldn't be any troubles.

If you say so. smile.gif I've just released the versions with Polish translations included. Thanks for your clarification, and many thanks to Folmi and Albatros as well, for translating the mod and contacting me about it.

But maybe you know, how it is with author of Tortured Souls?
Vlad might not have been online yet, but I'll send him a PM about this topic anyway.
yarpen
Thanks for that smile.gif
Vlad
Yarpen hi,

Thanks for chosing my mod. However, I'm not happy with your compiled mod list. You know well that there are severe compatibility issues between the mods on your list. Taken into account that many players buying said DVD and installing these mods are not aware of such issues, they are in a great danger of not only ruining their game experience but also bugging their installation. In fact, instead of getting fun from the core BG1-BG2-BGT, they would be burden with all the problems and bugs of incompatible mods. Just from the first glance at your list I can say that TS is not compatible with DBG and with some components of UB. Also, the compatibility with BG2 FixPack and with Banter Packs is under question. Further, I am not sure about cross-compatibility of TDD and TS when installed without BP. You see, it's just *a head of the iceberg* you have built here. The worst is that regular players installing the core games and BGT after experiencing several bugs would hate mods. If this is not your wish, I would strongly recommend to stop making this compilation.

Inspite of the said above, I have no objections against publishing TS in Poland providing that Domi gives her permission too, and that Baldurdash-WeiDU is included in this compilation assuming that Kevin Dorner and King Diamond also give their permissions for including Baldurdash and/or Baldurdash-WeiDU together with TS.

Good Luck!
Baronius
Yeah, it's problematic for more reasons. Beside what Vlad told, it is also possible that without guidance, players will get lost when noticing BGT, BGTutu etc.

I know it is far from a complete solution, but perhaps some sort of installation manual could be included. One which also lists which mods shouldn't be installed together.

BWL is ready to make such a recommendation (installation guidance) for the bwl mods involved.
yarpen
I know that installing mods is hard. But on CD menu there gonna be linked many useful polish forums with advices and advisors, who always help smile.gif Also of course, they would be a links to other forums (BWL.. biggrin.gif) where fans can also find useful resources.
yarpen
And I want to say it officially: That's the end of list. I will probably close this topic on day or two. A few words of ending.

At first, still work. It could be a great save of time for me, if people who gave us agree can send also short word of agree (with title of mods on final DVD) on this mail: Mariusz [dot] Duda @ cdprojekt.com . I will try to make print screens of most of PM's which I have from you.

Second, I think we should add somewhere on CD menu mini-logos of Modding Communities. Can someone send them also to Mariusz? (e-mail is here). It could be also a good element of promotion.

And third, now much better. Big for you all, people! Thanks for giving us a chance of making good advertisment of Infinity Scene. Yup, I love you guys. And at these moments I can see that I'm also a part of Community. I've had a really hardwork (12+ hours per day) but now I'm proud.

CREDITS:

Poland: Mario (CDP), Ania (CDP), Albatros, Zed Nocear, Maryn, Nugrud, ThugPoet, Morgan, Nastian, Aurelinus, Yarpen, Marcin Kijo, Shinigami, Klan CoB and polish Infinity sekcja! -- and Koza of course.

Other countries: CamDawg, jcompton, Ascension64, SimDing0, Jastey, Baronius, Valiant, Vlad, CoM_Solaufein, Grog, Westley Weimer, Igi, DawidW, KingDiamond, Tioma and rest of whole modding world.

One of the first product will probably come to my house - I will show foto's and other details
Last Thanks And see ya guys!
Vlad
Yarpen, did you contact Domi and did you include Baldurdash-WeiDU in this compilation per my request above?
Valiant
Good luck, yarpen with your compilation!! smile.gif
yarpen
Vlad
Hm.. I've selected BG2 Fixpack, because it have got polish translation. But links to BWL site is always opened and perhaps many people will select your conversion. smile.gif

About Domi - I've contacted with her - and still wait.

Valiant
Thanks smile.gif After publishing the list on polish forums I've had some questions about mod. And you have got first review after making this BG Saga: this guy (you tongue.gif) RULZ biggrin.gif

Also big thanks for Baronius - who gave many mods.. It was so nice to had big backup for this project at BWL. smile.gif
Vlad
I've selected BG2 Fixpack, because it have got polish translation. But links to BWL site is always opened and perhaps many people will select your conversion.

Yarpen, this is not the reason to disregard my request. BG2 Fixpack and Baldurdash-WeiDU is not the same. If you include both TuTu and BGT, you can equally include both BG2 Fixpack and Baldurdash-WeiDU. I kindly ask you to fulfil my requirement. Otherwise, and unfortunately, I will have to withdraw my permission to include TS. Also, please bear in mind that there are two versions of TS:

TS-BP v6.10 (supported by KD)
TS v6.11 (supported by me)

They are somewhat different. I have no objections against TS-BP v6.10 as it is indeed optimised for using with BG2 Fixpack. But I strongly doubt that TS v6.11 will work without Baldurdash-WeiDU.
yarpen
We're using also your fixpack smile.gif) Thanks.
Vlad
Thank you too. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.