Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you like storm?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Baronius
I've taken this quick photo a few minutes ago.

Do you like storm? Or are you afraid of it?

IPB Image
Valiant
Yep, nice shot you did... I like storms, especially when I´m at home and looking out through the window... In another words, when I´m safe...smile.gif
Baronius
It's not always unsafe to go outside...

And what if a storm approaches while you're flying with your aircraft? biggrin.gif
Valiant
@Baronius: Shhhhh, Dávid, that´s secret...smile.gif
Galactygon
I remember how scared I was when there was a lightning strike only a hundred or so meters away.

Storms are spectacular, but most of the time I only see flashes in the sky rather than lightning itself, since when storms occour it is dark.

Call me odd for that, but I like storms better than +30C cloudless days.

-Galactygon
berelinde
I like watching them from a distance, but I'm terrified of thunder (or fireworks), so I am not very fond of closer storms.
Baronius
Then let's see things that (may) appear after the storm. smile.gif

I've taken this photograph about 2 weeks ago. I hadn't seen such a phenomenon until then. No, I don't mean the rainbow -- I mean its mirror image! smile.gif
goldengirl
i love the a good storm...espeacially,when i am in doors by a warm fire, sipping a glass of wine and,.... watching a good scary flick:P:)
amazing pics by the way thumb.gif
Sir_Carnifex
I enjoy storms except for one thing: I have to shut off my computer. If I don't the storm most likely will anyway. sad.gif

The only time lightning made me nervous was when I was trapped with a few others under a little pavilion in the middle of a golf course with towering oak trees. Lightning was flashing everywhere and the thunder was extremely loud. Everybody really jumped when some lightning struck a tree probably only 20 or 30 yards away. The cracking sound it made was deafening. The green and fairway nearby were strewn with burnt bark and tree limbs. That was definitely a memorable experience.

Vuki
I alwas liked to play football (soccer for american readers tongue.gif ), however it does not mean that I was a good player. I still love to play it nowadays but I have no opportunity (no time for it). In the secondary school in the pe class we usually played football even if the conditions were not so good. One case there was a storm: it was ligthning and raining really heavily. Then suddenly one of the lightning striked down and it hit the goalpost! It made an extreme sound and we were shocked for a moment. Nobody was harmed even not the goalkeeper guy.

But I like storms. biggrin.gif
Ardanis
Being surrounded by power feels great. If only I could control that power to remain safe...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.