Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with buggy Jaheira romance
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Vardaman
I can't seem to get Meronia to appear and summon Jaheira to the Harper Hold. I've done the quests up until Xzar/Xzan dies but then nothing else happens. I also haven't gotten the bandit encounter where Jaheira is taken hostage.

What I've read at Gamefaqs is to use Shadowkeeper to decrease the LOVETALK variable by one but it hasn't done anything. I've tried resting out of doors to see if that triggered it. Is there a way to summon Meronia or the bandits via the CLUA console?

I also still get the stupid "_____ can't talk to you. He/she appears busy." every now and then. I thought the G3 fixpack was supposed to correct that.

Does anyone else still have this problem? I can post my Weidu log later if it helps.
jastey
I also still get the stupid "_____ can't talk to you. He/she appears busy." every now and then. I thought the G3 fixpack was supposed to correct that.
No, that should be corrected by the official patch.
Vardaman
QUOTE(jastey @ Jun 21 2007, 11:29 AM) *

I'll check my version/patch number when I get home. Is it the official patch to SOA or TOB?

Also, will installing the official patch over IA cause problems?
Baronius
The official ToB patch should be the first thing you install after you install the game (ToB, more accurately).

Improved Anvil requires Baldurdash (the proper installation order is written in the IA readme). Nonetheless, the current and earlier versions of G3 Fixpack may add minor (and ocassionally greater) bugs to the game, so it isn't recommended, not just for IA but for any game.
Sikret
QUOTE(Vardaman @ Jun 21 2007, 09:05 PM) *
QUOTE(jastey @ Jun 21 2007, 11:29 AM) *

I'll check my version/patch number when I get home. Is it the official patch to SOA or TOB?

Also, will installing the official patch over IA cause problems?

Yes, the official patch needs to be installed after TOB and before the Baldurdash TOB Fixpack. And it should be the patch for TOB (not SOA). As mentioned in IA's readme the correct installation order is this:

1- BG2

2- TOB

3- TOB official Patch for TOB

4- Baldurdash TOB Fixpack v1.12 (don't use G3's BG2 fixpack)

So, what you need to do is a clean installation of the game and following the installation instructions accurately. Please read the related document in the "Documents" folder inside your "ImprovedAnvil" folder very carefully. It's also attached to the mod's readme file.

Vardaman
Ok, thanks for the help. My copy of TOB was a re-release in a value pack so I assumed it was the patched version. sad.gif

Will re-installation invalidate my save files?

EDIT: The fixpack I installed was the one mentioned in the IA installation readme. I just confused the names.
Sikret
QUOTE(Vardaman @ Jun 21 2007, 11:26 PM) *
Will re-installation invalidate my save files?

Yes, you will need to start a new game.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.