Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SpellPack Beta 2 (or a late 10-2-04) released!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Galactygon
The power was out the entire day, hence the large delay.

The SpellPack has been updated; all bugs have been fixed, 3 new spells, and a projectile revamp found it's way to the required files component.

You may download it here:

http://galactygon.blackwyrmlair.net/SpellPack_B2.zip

For those who want to view the README and full installation instructions, compatility, etc., you can view it here:

http://galactygon.blackwyrmlair.net/SpellPack_B2_README.rtf

I usually put it up on the site itself, but circumstances dictate I must act otherwise.

Unlike the previous version, I have tested this one on many different computers, and it seemed to be fully bug-free at the moment, unless I missed something.

If you have feedback/suggestions (either positive or negative), don't hesitate to post your thoughts; in fact I encourage you to do so. Bug reports (if there will be any of those 'random, undocumented features') are also encouraged.

lol I must get some sleep right now...

[EDIT: Spelling]

-Galactygon
Galactygon
*reads through the page loads of feedback*

So there are no bugs, then? I assume that's the truth, given the amount of feedback I recieved.

*awaits positive or negative feedback*

-Galactygon
Sir-Kill
sucks not getting replies doesn't
igi
Have you shrunk this file as much as possible? I dont have a speedy connection unlike some, so I like smaller files smile.gif
Kabuki
If feedback you wish, feedback you shall have:

Note: I haven't installed it, and I probably won't until the following issues have been addressed (in the readme):

1. I'm particularily lazy, so I would, if possible, like to be able to see what the difference between the original (BG) spell and the fix is. Having to look it up is a pain.

2. Edited away as I went and read the rest of the forum... wink.gif

3. How does 'prayer' work now? Is it cumulative, or is it possible to do like in p&p and simply have another same aligned cleric pray alongside the one actulaly casting the spell. If you set up the second option, how does this mechanism work? Is there a triggered inate for any cleric of similar alignment?

Other than the lack of those details in the readme, and to be honest I'm being damn picky as I've seen readmes which are complete crap (while this is 95% ok), it looks pretty interesting and I'd be quite interested in testing it out.

Btw. Did you import the PS:T casting graphics as well? If so, I'm really looking forward to it smile.gif

Keep up the good work.

Edited: Should have read some other posts first...
Galactygon

Have you shrunk this file as much as possible? I dont have a speedy connection unlike some, so I like smaller files. smile.gif
I have been unable to resolve some of the issues on .ogg files yet, and I have promised a release on Saturday.

As soon as I get them figured out (the tutorial isn't really helpful), I'll be certain there will be compressed sounds during downloading.

I might also have mentioned that anyone willing to do it for me is certainly more than welcome to do so. smile.gif

1.  I'm particularily lazy, so I would, if possible, like to be able to see what the difference between the original (BG) spell and the fix is.  Having to look it up is a pain.

Basically a graphics-improvement/oversight fixes/P&P conversion to existing spells, if I were not to point in the direction of the README. smile.gif

3. How does 'prayer' work now?  Is it cumulative, or is it possible to do like in p&p and simply have another same aligned cleric pray alongside the one actulaly casting the spell.  If you set up the second option, how does this mechanism work?  Is there a triggered inate for any cleric of similar alignment? 
For now, it is cumulative with itself, but later versions will find this feature (or oversight) erased. I have made it cumulative with itself due to technical issues.

As for chant and prayer together, they are cumulative, and I have lifted the restriction of being the same faith (they merely have to be the same allegiance; e.g. enemy vs. ally). Here is why:
1.) It would take too long to code
2.) It's not worth to code
3.) Most parties have one priest
4.) If parties have more than one priest, then the player wouldn't select a priest of the same faith

Wait untill you see the P&P 'Recitation' in action combined with Prayer and Chant.

Btw. Did you import the PS:T casting graphics as well?  If so, I'm really looking forward to it smile.gif

Yes and No. The casting graphics will be Icewind Dale style. However, that doesn't mean certain special spells don't have Torment casting graphics. wink.gif

-Galactygon
Kabuki

1.  I'm particularily lazy, so I would, if possible, like to be able to see what the difference between the original (BG) spell and the fix is.  Having to look it up is a pain.

Basically a graphics-improvement/oversight fixes/P&P conversion to existing spells, if I were not to point in the direction of the README.

Sorry, I suppose I was misunderstood... I would like both (BG/P&P) sets of stats in the readme, thus you can do an on the spot comparison. I know the changed stats are in the readme smile.gif

Organizing the spells in the readme by level would probably be appreciated as well smile.gif
Galactygon

Sorry, I suppose I was misunderstood... I would like both (BG/P&P) sets of stats in the readme, thus you can do an on the spot comparison.  I know the changed stats are in the readme smile.gif
I might consider adding a brief comparison section rather than comparing descriptions on the spot, because as we know, not many users prefer reading the entire descriptions to reading a concise summary of them.

But then again, the full descriptions are written in the README, so curious users will have to skim through the full descriptions for features.

So I guess I am a paradox, in a sense. grinteeth.gif

Organizing the spells in the readme by level would probably be appreciated as well smile.gif

It's a matter of personal taste. Many do like everything listed in Alphabetical order, and I have done such listings during my entire life.

I am quite sure there would other users complaining if I listed the spells in a different order other than the widely-used alphabetical one. One cannot fully satisfy everyone, can (s)he?

-Galactygon
Kabuki
I am quite sure there would other users complaining if I listed the spells in a different order other than the widely-used alphabetical one. One cannot fully satisfy everyone, can (s)he?

Rarely... and btw. I didn't even spot them being in alphabetical order... as I wasn't even aware of it... I've read spell descriptions in (A)D&D since I was 10 and they are *always* in level/alphabetical order. I.e. sorted by level and then alphabet... It's hard to break 15 year old habits like that... tongue.gif
Galactygon
QUOTE(Kabuki @ Oct 9 2004, 04:57 PM)
Rarely... and btw. I didn't even spot them being in alphabetical order... as I wasn't even aware of it... I've read spell descriptions in (A)D&D since I was 10 and they are *always* in level/alphabetical order. I.e. sorted by level and then alphabet... It's hard to break 15 year old habits like that... tongue.gif

It will be fixed when the new site is done. The part including the spell description in the README is only temporary; eventually it will redirect the audience to the appropriate section in the site when they look under the features section.

I was intending to do that for months now; and because TeamBG got hacked into, the site is months behind what I planned.

-Galactygon
Hey Galac! smile.gif

I will try your spells in my Tutu game when i get enough time to test them properly.

I´m developing BP spanish translation, but i´m very interested in LC as you know. smile.gif
Sorry, i´m SirLancelot, i don´t know why, but my firewall don´t let me log in.
Kabuki
One more thing, I don't remember seeing anything about scrolls anywhere in the readme, the PS:T spells are completely new, how have you solved this? Are they added automatically to *every* store, or have you gone and added it to only a couple?
Galactygon
Since they are priest spells (and don't need scrolls to learn), you will gain them automatically as you level up.

When I get to new mage spells, they will be replacements and corrections rather than new ones.

-Galactygon
Kabuki
Hmm... that makes sense... except Elysium's Tears which in PS:T is a Wizard spell... Although it never made sense as such. It was what through me off, and what made me ask in the first place.
Galactygon
I have a question: does anyone have a spare copy of SpellPack v2? I have one, but I have significantly changed the copy to v3. Thanks, for any help.

The BW server was experiencing technical difficulties a few months back and I haven't re-uploaded the mini-mod yet.

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.