Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding kits with an ingame NPC
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
St_Vitruvius
I've been trying, unsuccesfully, to figure out how to add kits to a character in BG2 via an ingame NPC, the tutor, to the PC.

The trouble is, that:

CODE

AddKit(I:Kit*KIT)

only adds the specified kit to the creature running the script. I want my tutor to add the kit to the pc during a dialogue, where he checks for different conditions. The dialogue and the conditions are allready in place and apparantly working just fine. I just need to figure out how to add the kit.

I believe I have to make him add a script to the PC, that uses the AddKit, but I can't find a way to do that either..

Can anyone help me out? Have anyone tried doing something like this?

EDIT: SConrad and jastey both helped me on SHS and G3 respectively, both pointing me at:

CODE

ActionOverride(Player1,AddKit(I:Kit*KIT))

Now the class-name and the kit description is both missing..

Sincerelly
St_Vitruvius
St_Vitruvius
It might be helpfull if I deisplayed the contents of the tp2 and the d, so I've posted it on TeamBG where I've asked for help too.. (It's much easier to see what's going on as it doesn't wrap long lines of code..)
St_Vitruvius
I solved the problem! The solution was to make the NPC set a global variable in the d-file:

CODE

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN yesAkhVelar
   SAY @22
       IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("SRPlayer1Elf_Knight","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT
END

And then, adding a script to the NPC doing the rest:

CODE

IF
Global("SRPlayer1Elf_Knight","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("SRPlayer1Elf_Knight","GLOBAL",2)
ActionOverride(Player1,AddKit(SRElven_Knight))
SmallWait(5)
PauseGame()
END
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.