Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems installing
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Escape1sm
Im trying to install the WeiDU version, and it keeps saying the readme/index.html file is missing. Which it is, theres no such folder/file in the readme folder.

i opened the setup with notepad and it has this near the end.

AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~VIEW TGC1E/Readme/README-%LANGUAGE%.rtf~
END ELSE BEGIN
AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~VIEW TGC1E/Readme/index.html~
END
END
END

I assume that its trying to open the index.html file for it to complete the installation.

any ideas on what to do?

There is a readme.html folder but when i try to open it it says theres a problem with the contents and word wont open it.

EDIT: sorry common sense made me scroll back to check if it had installed correctly, and it had, so i just deleted the index.html reference, to stop that 'missing file' pop up.
Baronius
Yes, you have installed it properly regardless the error message.

Thanks for informing me about this problem. I've corrected the line in the TP2 of the BGT edition (it was okay for the other two editions).

There is a readme.html folder but when i try to open it it says theres a problem with the contents and word wont open it.
I suggest you to use a web browser to display html files. The readme files didn't conform with the W3C standards -- I've just fixed them, in the past I probably modified them with some WYSWYG editor as well, which added useless content to the files. However, this doesn't help on the MSXML parser's stupidities, so you won't be able to view them in Word.
Escape1sm
Thanks for that, im a novice when it comes to this modding lark smile.gif

I've viewed the readme online and will stick to that smile.gif
Baronius
I hope you will like the mod, have fun! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.