Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd Edition
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Icewind Dale II
Baronius
Did they apply well the 3rd edition ?

Do you think that the 3E is the reason for IWD2 being so bad (so good, etc.)?

I think that the 3rd edition wasn't applied too well, but also not poorly. It was funny to use any weapon I wanted etc.
IWD2 is bad because of its weak story and clumsy battle system... yeah so partly this is the consequence of the wrong application of 3E indeed. But this is not the only reason.
igi
IMO, IWDII wasnt too successful as it was too linear (much the same as IWDI) - there want enough choice.
I'm not too involved with the difference bewteen 2E and 3E, so I cant provide an informed comment on how 3E was implemented, but I think it was cool to have such a wide range of 'dual classing', and the cleric domain spells were nice.
Rabain
If they had of created a game along the lines of BG2 but leaving behind the whole Bhaalspawn saga, moving the game up North to Sembia or Cormyr it could have been awesome.

I really enjoyed the character creation of the 3E implementation of IWD2, spells, abilities, feats etc but the game was way linear and it just became a dungeon crawl with little reason behind it.

I don't know how open the IWD2 engine is to modding but it could be a rich field if its as straight forward as BG2 modding has become now.

IcewindGate2 is a step in this direction and a good one too!

All we need now is a TC for this! (not volunteering!!)
igi
IIRC, most things in the IWD2 engine are pretty much hard-coded sad.gif
Rabain
So basically all we can do in IWD2 is add some items or maybe an NPC or do a TC that would use all the existing kits etc?

I would like to see a TC for this game with lots of new NPC's please!

IWD2....so much potential......wasted! blink.gif
Galactygon
It's not possible to, for example, make dozens of new NPCs in IWD2 the 'clean way'.

-Galactygon
Archmage Silver
Yeah, its pretty hard to make any grand mods for IWD II, but some smaller things seem to go okay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.