Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torment cutscenes...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Galactygon
I have a hard time these days getting some of the Torment cutscenes to synchronize seamlessly. Therefore, I decided to give a try on making actual movies out of those cutscenes, which can be set to run in BG2 without any errors and such.

So I am asking for a volunteer who can somehow capture the deathbolt movie in an .avi or .mve format. Make sure to capture all the spell effect sounds, but please turn the battle music off.

If you have trouble with that, I found a 'No Battle Music' tweak you might try to install, which you can get here:
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/Torment/index_editors.php

-Galactygon
Andyr
You are wanting to put the Ps:T spell cutscene movies into BGII?
Galactygon
Yes, I do. Those spells will be the ones the player will not cast vary often; perhaps a dozen times during the entire game period.

You will not (and nor will the opponents) throw HLA spells quite as often.

-Galactygon
Andyr
Can the BGII engine handle it? Do the movies look ok in BGII? Some of them I can imagine would stand out a little, though the names escape me.
Galactygon
As long as they are 640 by 480, yes, they should work. Although I haven't tried the actual implementation, I'd figure it's possible, since I've seen mods use movies from other games.

-Galactygon
SimDing0
Aren't the movies pretty massive though (and impossible to compress)? It's worth considering whether it's worth it for the download size. Or an optional pack, or whatever.
Galactygon
We shall see when we get there...

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.