Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The biggest PST experience
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Planescape: Torment
Vlasák
Story of PST is very complex and emotional, NPCs are very developed and you can visit many planes and get in contact with many fractors. All of these things imply that the gameplay of Torment is very interesting and that it is ONE big experince...

...but what is your biggest personal experience during the playing of PST?

[FOR EVERYONE - FOLLOWING LINES AND POSTS CAN INCLUDE MINOR/MAJOR SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED/FINISHED PST YET!!!]

Personally, I can't decide for one - there are many interesting characters, places and situations...

- dialog with Ravel (btw I've not seen any longer dialog in any game than this one tongue.gif )
- Dak'kon's Pronouncement of Two Deaths As One (and whole Circle of Zertimon stuff... Githzerai history is nifty explained there...)
- Morte and his confession by Pillar of Skulls
- Ending dialogs with party members, especially that with Fall-from-Grace with quote: "Time is not your enemy... forever is."
- Turning of Trias back on the "good" side
- Opening of the portal to the Fortress of Regrets
- Any dialog with Deinarra
- Any restored memory of Nameless One
and
- Deionarra's legacy in sensory stone (that was probably my biggest emotional experience from PST)
Galactygon
I remember out-debating Vhailor about Justice in the Multiverse with my 23 Wis, 22 int, 20 Cha Nameless One. I also remember very well the creature who gave riddles to retrieve Trias' sword well. Some of the best written dialogue, to me.

As for memorable experiences regarding voicing, both Fall-From-Grace and Transcendent One proved to be excellent, followed by Ravel and Trias.

I also remember an odd bug that made the Evil Wizard Construct drop dozens of Mechanus' Cannon scrolls. Simply Unzip the folder into the 'save; directory of your PS:T installation.

I have my final save game uploaded for what my character looked like near the end (look at the amounts of Mechanus' Cannon scrolls I have).

-Galactygon
Chevar
I was actually let down by two things.. could never actualyl find nordom without cheating.. and all the hints about a struggle with the Lady of Pain, but you don't get to follow that plotline.. or at least I never found how.

All in all it was the best plot I've seen - lots of twists and turns, even if the end dissapointed me a bit.

For every thing that was in there that I loved, there seemed to be one that I wish I could have done more with.. For me the best part - what amused me the most was if you're follish enough to attack whatsis face, the skull collector.. the game message essentially say "What were you thinking, this guys way out of your league!"
Vlasák
QUOTE(Chevar @ Sep 26 2004, 12:45 AM)
and all the hints about a struggle with the Lady of Pain, but you don't get to follow that plotline.. or at least I never found how.

Struggle with Lady of Pain? Noone can struggle with Lady... maybe some Outsider could think that he can struggle with her - when he realises that he cannot it is late wink.gif

You can be caged in Lady's maze (there are more ways how to do that than one)... and you can be *killed* by Lady as well but it is just animation/cutscene - so no dialogs, combats etc.
Rabain
As for Nordom the only way to find him is too map the dungeon maze as you play it (and it must be on the hard setting to find him i believe)

I usually create a box for the first area with arrows for the exits that work and X's where they don't and then as you search each area you add another box to your map with the same arrows/X's etc until you have explored everywhere.

This way you can also find your way back to the beginning easily without just running blindly through the rooms!

Its much the same process to find the Mage in there too.
Vlasák
Rabain: I've been making the map on the paper as well... like the playing of PnP tongue.gif

for Nordom (as well as the mage) is essential to tell the director of the maze to set it up to the "hard difficulty"...

Galac: You've been lucky - afaik I had just one scroll of Mechanus' cannon rolleyes.gif
jastey
I was very emotional involved at the moments when the true reason for following the nameless one was revealed for the companions. For some (especially Dak'kon) it was rather tragic, and I felt as if *I* had tricked them... sad.gif
Kabuki
I think that on my first run through it was meeting Ravel in the pocketplane and Dak'kon's pronouncement of two deaths.

Both moments had an amazing build-up and were just amazing. I could probably analyze why I like every moment I like in BG1 or 2, but in PS:T analysis just falls woefully short smile.gif
Takara
My biggest thing was the ending. It was so sad, yet TNO was happy at the end. That really stuck with me.

After that, it was Morte's confessions. The one where he unburdens himself, and gets his upgrade was really good. Made him seem so loyal. Also, since it came after the bit in TNO's tomb and the dialogue line, I was expecting him to stab me in the back at some point, so it really was quite profound. The other was the one just before you go to the fortress, where he reveals more. That was really good too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.