Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New versions, with Normal and Lite Editions!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Baronius
The Grey Clan Episode One has been updated!
The BG1 Edition is now v1.8, BG1Tutu v1.9 and BGT-WeiDU v1.6.

Download: http://greyclan.blackwyrmlair.net/ep1/download.html

Changes (they are present in all three editions):
  • New installation choices (subcomponents): Lite Edition and Normal Edition (Lite Edition has easier battles)
  • Eomur, Steve and their garlic removed (they were unpopular)
  • Technical changes in script blocks (EXTEND_TOP replaced with EXTEND_BOTTOM)
  • Files in Readme folder were reorganized
berelinde
I applaud your decision to make the mod more adaptable to player preferences. wub.gif

Sure, sometimes a good challenge is exciting, but sometimes, you just want a good healthy dose of role-playing and don't want to rely on cheats or cheese to run through the combat and get to the dialogue.

Baronius
Several creatures have less HP. Including The Tatooed Man, who has less healing possibilities as well. The main villain also has less HP, and his/her helpers lack a few powerful spells that they used earlier.

On the other hand, it's still not too easy, just easier. I'm not sure if it can be recommended to those who would play it only for story/dialogues/quests. This mod has always been liked (and disliked) for its battles -- do you think it would make sense to decrease the weight of battles too much? (I'm open to suggestions.) Many players just don't seem to read the available information, or if they read it, they don't apply it in battles. Such as invisibility potions, stealth, hit and run. And the most important: Flaming Fist assists you. In most battles, you can simply let the FF slay your enemies. (Though in the final battle, no one will help you. Without a good tactic -- there are several -- it's not winnable.)
berelinde
No, I don't think it should be toned down that much, but a little bit is welcome.
Baronius
smile.gif

I tried to find the optimal level, I hope players (who use the Lite Edition) will feel the difference in the practice.
Jarno Mikkola
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jan 21 2007, 07:02 PM) *
- do you think it would make sense to decrease the weight of battles too much?
No, and besides, (in one game)I have like 400 000 XP already before the Baldur's Gate and I haven't done some of the areas even yet.

By the way, how much does your baby weight, mine is 11.7 GB.
I wub.gif Mods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.