Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IWD Assertion 1338 Problem
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Icewind Dale, Heart of Winter, Trials of the Luremaster
kix
I recently decided to try IWD after having played BG, and I'm wondering if there's someone who could help with this assertion problem.

First, what I have:
Win98se
Gateway500
PentiumIII® processor
128mb ram
ATI rage128
SB audioPCI
Dx9 [did not install dx7 that came with game]

What I installed:
IWD
Official Patch [iwdpatch106.exe]
xpt remover [IWD_XPCAP.zip]
G3 Tweakpack [DaleTweak-v4.exe]
DaleKeeper

What happens:
The IWD screen appears, I click 'new game', create a character and when I press 'Done' it crashes to desktop with the following error:

Assertion Failed in CGameEffect.cpp in line#1388

I've tried creating multiple characters with the same result. Is this a tweakpack problem?

The interplay site was no help, and I'm pretty lost at this point.

Thanks for any help you can offer

kix sad.gif

P.S.
According to my Directx info in 'system info'; directx has no errors and tests fine.
Baronius
I don't think I've ever encountered this problem.

Uninstall tweakpack and see if the error remains present.

Did you edit anything with DaleKeeper? I guess not, but to make sure to exclude this possibility completely, I ask it.
kix
Thank you for your reply Baronius. I hadn't used DaleKeeper yet, no saved games. But AHA!! I pulled everything out and started anew, trying to create/load games after each install and - it seems to the Thieve's skill while in Heavy Armor part of the Tweakpack.

When it's installed I never get past the loading screen [progress marker about 1/3 the way through. Otherwise, everything's fine. Funny, I didn't have a problem with this install in the BG2 Tweakpack.

I'll go over to G3 and let'em know.

Thanks again Baronius biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.