Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Major Slowdown with Firefox
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Sir-Kill
I have been happly using firefox for a year of two and it has worked flawlessly untill resently.

I have ran alll malware scans, scandisk, reinstalled FF 2.01 and for a couple of pages it is sort of fine but then it goes to a crawl 30 seconds to load any forum page, with a high speed connection when it usualy takes <3 seconds.

I tried IE and it is fast and now I have D/Led mozilla (not firefox) and it is fast real fast smile.gif .

this is definitaly a FF issue or an issue with my internet protection and FF. But I have all but disabled that to see.

so if you are noticing a slowdown and do not want to use that POS IE try mozilla wink.gif

If any know of the real reason for this slow down or know of a fix then please tell. but as far as guessing, I am not so intrested but thanks.

EDIT: one other thing I have noticed since moving to v2. of FF it did not remember or at least place in my quick login info but mozilla does (like FF 1.7.)
berelinde
I definitely noticed it, and for the same reasons. My DSL connection was worse than dial-up for a bit.

But that was only the first time I used it. Once I had shut down the computer and fired it back up, I got the message that there were updates to install and that I should close the browser and reopen it. Having done so, everything runs fine.

Must say, I'm not in favor of forcing a person to use a specific browser to view Readmes. But that isn't my decision.
Sir-Kill
OTG!
I have found out what has been up with MY firefox issues:
my norton firewall was causing the problems. under program control somehow I had it configured incorrectly (I do not remember changing the config) but the ccAPP.exe that norton uses was maxing out the cpu usage.

maybe Ill go back to FF2.02 now

as nice as mozilla is it is not as nice as FF and opera is just awfull

EDIT: well I updated to 202 but the problem returns checked my firewall settings and they did not change sad.gif
So I guess Ill be sticking with 1.5
berelinde
Probably explains why I didn't have the problem after the first time. I've got Zone Alarm, and first time I fired it up, I just set Zone Alarm up to remember the settings.
Sir-Kill
someone at FF support helped someone else but his advice to do a clean install helped me

what I did.
1 uninstalled FF1.5
2 clean install of FF2
3 configured firewall by removing old program listing of FF1.5 in program control
4 configured firewall by listing NEW FF2

so now I have FF2 yay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.