Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A list...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > World Transition Project
Kiwi Rose
Is there a list somewhere of things still needed for the mod? I couldn't find one. huh.gif I was looking around to see if there was something I could do to contribute, but wasn't very sure as to what is still needed.

I'm fairly good at portrait recolrs and edits (see my signature for a link), character stats and minor backgrounds for them, that sort of thing. But I'd love to see a list of anything that would be useful. Never know what I might find out I can do.
Sir-Kill
Sorry for the delay in responding to this. holidays, fixing old comp ordering/building new comp, ect.
first thanks for your offer and interest in this mod.
I have seen your work at shs awhile back and I think I have commented on it to but if not good stuff! smile.gif
I am sure that people will need portraits when this mod gets released and people start expanding on it. You are more than welcome to make a collection if you are interested.
WTP is going to stay away from the standardized bg2 portrait formula to give people more freedom to create.

my guess is that you either know PH or PSP ever try area graphics, animations, or (256 color) spell icon bams?

as far as a list of things to do ... well it is a TC so everything smile.gif but you are probably right and we should make a more specific list...we'll get on that
Kiwi Rose
I've wanted to try area graphics, bams, that sort of thing, but haven't had the time to mess around with them. Is there a sort of Q&A, or tutorial or anything of that nature for them? I've got a feeling I'd enjoy it. biggrin.gif And I'm actaully working on a portrait right now, and perhaps an npc to go with. happy.gif

Edit: I know Photoshop rather well. smile.gif And found the topic you made about bams. Gee, it would help if I'd looked a little harder, huh?
Sir-Kill
was going to post this in the bam topic but thought this place would be better.

there is a difference with WTP bams item and spell: the sizes are different and the description bam is color not the brown/gray it is in 256 color smile.gif
icon bam sizes currently 64x64 sequence0(large seq) and 50x50 sequence1(small seq)
description bams are 200x200 unlike the BG des. bams160x180(?)
{awaiting GemRB to make the large (seq0) image a bit bigger}
I have made 600 or so icon bam images but I think maybe only 1 or 2 spell bam images.

well there are 2 ways to make areas for IE; in 2D in PH or PSP or in 3D such as 3ds max.
I'd be willing to answer either type of questions and there are tutorials for 3ds max but not to many for area making in 2d but I made a creating a tileset but it is not much help to you I'd guess
but in 2D it is basically cut tiles and paste them in to your new area (remember to keep the lengths and height divisible by 64) that you want, perhaps recoloring parts of the tiles.
be warned in 2D round items are hard to texture (the reason I got into 3d) also shadowing is user unfriendly.
sry so wordy
Kiwi Rose
I don't think I'll get into areas for awhile. Maybe down the road. tongue.gif

You've made 600 already? O.O I'll have to take care not to make reproductions. tongue.gif

A few questions concerning bams:
http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/Screens/index.html
Those inventory icons are bams, right? I figured as much, just wanted to make sure.

Spell icons are the same sizes as the ones listed?

And, concerning spell icons, what's more useful, remaking the exsisting ones (to look fancier, etc) or making brand new originals, or both?

About NPCs:
I could come up with several NPCs, including portraits and in depth bios, but can't code very well. Would the bios and such I would come up with be ok, then someone else codes, and comes up with dialog... or perhaps you have another idea?

About Portraits:
Would it be useful for me to make a bunch of custom portraits, and limit/provide them to the WTP community for their NPCs?
Sir-Kill
areas- no problem

item bams- yep those are the some of the inventory bam images

spell bams- I still have to make a working gui for the spells but I do not see why I cant make them 50x50 & 64x64 as well. However IF you are interested in making some all that needs to be done is make an image no larger than 200x200. save with a transparent background in .png, .pspimage, or .psd. this way we can throw the spellbook background color under it or the black inventory background color.

npc- sure, if you can that we can use it just give an idea of of what lvl the PC should meet and where if applicable

portraits- if you want to head up a large (or not so large) gallery of portraits by all means be my guest. have you taken a look at portrait city?
Kiwi Rose
Sounds good to me! I may work up some spell bams when the inspiration strikes me. biggrin.gif

And I have seen portrait city, it's wonderful! I was thinking of offering more... custom made/edited ones, for those contributors that would like some. smile.gif

And if I'l see if I can come up with any npc ideas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.