Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incompatibility with BG1NPC pack
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Yovaneth
I enjoyed playing TGC - steamrollered the outside-FAI guards with a level 6 party and a bunch of Hasted skeletons! - but once I'd finished TGC I found that the FAI did not revert to pre-TGC status. This meant that any NPCs sent there via the G3 BG1NPC pack were lost ohmy.gif and I was so p!ssed off with Ajantis that I wanted Minsc back. The fix was simple: a quick change to AR2300e1.baf:
CODE

IF
  GlobalGT("TGCEpisodeOneLevel","GLOBAL",5)
  GlobalLT("TGCEpisodeOneLevel","GLOBAL",14)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100

Just thought you may like to know.

On a purely personal note, I found it irritating that the FAI battle music continued to play after the fighting was all over. I guess this might be intentional? If so, ignore this remark.

-Y-
Baronius
You played Last Breath of the Past, an edition that was deprecated long ago. It was superseded by In Candlelight in 2005.

Last Breath of the Past shouldn't be hosted anywhere. I guess you have a copy downloaded long ago, don't you? smile.gif
Yovaneth
TGCep_v175 dated March 2006. More than old enough to be OOD wink.gif Thanks!

-Y-
Baronius
In Candlelight was released on 13th July 2005, and I thought I had withdrawn all earlier versions that time. March 2006 - is it in the ZIP file's properties, or somewhere else (version history, readme etc.)? If it's the file's date property, it might have been changed meanwhile, and thus it doesn't reflect the download's date.

A new version of In Candlelight will be released within a few days, make sure to try it out! smile.gif
melkor_morgoth75
Anyway just to let you know, i've tried TGCE 1 with BG1NPC project and it works without any problems wink.gif

mm75
Baronius
Thanks. wink.gif The new versions are delayed a bit, but they will be released soon.
cmorgan
I can also confirm that the last version works with the Wait at an Inn component, because TGCep1 is part of my regualr install - I don't play through Tutu without it smile.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.